Did you mean: 

Foreign languages on the O2 Community

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

There have been some recent discussions regarding the use of foreign languages on the O2 Community by members from around the world. There have been some interesting views on how to manage this such as:

- Allowing OPs to be written in a foreign language and then translated by the first replier along with the advice they want to give

- To remove all foreign content. The Community Team will then contact said members to ask them to post in English

We don't want to inhibit members getting, but we also want everyone to be able to understand what they are discussing or offering advice on.

Its not an issue that crops up often at all, but its an important one so Id love to hear all of your thoughts! 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Penso che dovremmo permettere lingua straniera per essere pubblicato e accoglierà a tutti i clienti slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 48

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If Live Chat are allowed to use google translate then it's good enough for us too.

Message 12 of 48

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

And it was that event which brought us here, we won't know how well this will work, but we can certainly give it a try.

Any posts in Russian, Polish or Ukrainian, and I'll translate it for yous nae problem slight_smile The only thing is that I'm yet to see someone using any of these lingos to post in this community slight_smile 

Message 13 of 48

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Penso che dovremmo permettere lingua straniera per essere pubblicato e accoglierà a tutti i clienti slight_smile

Wat? :))

Message 14 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

@perksie wrote:

And it was that event which brought us here, we won't know how well this will work, but we can certainly give it a try.

Any posts in Russian, Polish or Ukrainian, and I'll translate it for yous nae problem slight_smile The only thing is that I'm yet to see someone using any of these lingos to post in this community slight_smile 

We have had one in Russian I think MI5 got in with that one?...Or maybe it was jonsie..Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 48

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Wat? :))

Innit wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Google translate says..it is Italian and...

I think we should allow the foreign language to be published , and welcome to all customers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 48

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Google translate says..it is Italian and...

I think we should allow the foreign language to be published , and welcome to all customers

Mexican Wave

Currently using:
Message 18 of 48

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@cyrillicguy wrote:

@perksie wrote:

We have had one in Russian I think MI5 got in with that one?...Or maybe it was jonsie..Dance

А, ну тогда ладно... slight_smile

Message 19 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

And , well, well ... to you @cyrillicguy  Oh and it was Russian

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 48