Did you mean: 

'Flagging a Post'

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi All

This may seem a silly question to regular posters but I often see the expression used 'I have flagged this

post',used mainly when you want to bring something to the attention of Forum staff.

How exactly do you flag a post?

I have looked in the Option box to the right of the posts and am unable to see anything there.

I do see 'Report inappropriate content' and I understand that. However sometimes the OP needs help with 

other problems and it is that particular issue I am asking about.

Thanks all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 46
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

The 'Red flag' is system is gone as you have correctly ascertained. I'll make sure the Ts & Cs are edited accordingly.

While you may see comments such as 'I have flagged this' I have said a few times to members that this is not always the best idea. If say, a member is having a very frustrating issue and has used bad language or insults, saying that the post has been flagged usually exacerbates these situations regardless of the good intention, causing more admin work for the moderators or myself. If you use the 'Inappropriate content button, we'll get round to it and assess which action needs to be taken, so posting that you have done so on these occasions does not make a difference to the outcome.

On the other hand, saying it when a member posts their number (i.e. something that is not inappropriate, but is instead a mishap) is a great idea, as it lets the member know that other members are looking out for them.

I hope that all makes sense slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The 'inappropriate content' sends a message to all the moderators ,and Toby and Chiara.

Other ways are using the hashtag before a users name.

This can be used to flag a post to another individual user who may be able to assist the op further.

Edit : use @ not #
Message 2 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Cleoriff

The 'inappropriate content' sends a message to all the moderators ,and Toby and Chiara.

Other ways are using the hashtag before a users name.

This can be used to flag a post to another individual user who may be able to assist the op further.

Morning BoB,

Thank you. Though as this is me you are explaining this to, could you elaborate further please? LOL

Do you mean on seeing someone who needs specific assistance, you would PM another individual with a

message, where you ask if they could assist (for instance) #joebloggs?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can pm another user asking them to help in the thread but I prefer to hashtag someone in.

For example if I'm replying to an android post and need further assistance I may hashtag someone like MI5 or another member in the post, so that member sees it as being mentioned via e mail, and hopefully comes to assist the original op.

Edit ; use @ not #
Message 4 of 46

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I think bob mean use the @ mention  function and not # a hashtag so an individual is alerted to a particular thread hope that makes it clearer @Cleoriff 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whoops.

Went into Twitter mode there !

😞

They will receive an email as long as that setting has been toggled to on. ( it's on by default I believe)
Message 6 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@I think bob mean use the @ mention  function and not # a hashtag so an individual is alerted to a particular thread hope that makes it clearer @Cleoriff 

@I did wonder about the @ mention function Adam...but you dont always see that in the post? Sometimes

you just see the sentence, 'I have flagged this post' with no mention ??.....Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
That means they have used the inappropriate button or pm'd staff.

Ie if someone has added their e mail address or contact details in their post or you think the post should be moved to another section or be in its own thread or you find an issue with the content or tone of the post or it contravenes forum rules.
Message 8 of 46

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

On the old forum there was a red flag system in place and not report inappropriate content hence some use flagged see the t&c here still refere to the red flag system http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/o2-community @Toby? could do with an edit

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thank you @adamtemp64 and @Anonymous 

It seems my question about flagging was relevant then...as there is actually NOW no red flag system in place! Smiley Very Happy

No wonder I was confused!

I am so pleased for all your help. It stops me thinking I am going senile! LOL

EDIT: I will wait to see if Toby has anything to add....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 46