cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five days of no network coverage and been given the run-around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Set the scene. For nearly two years, uninterrupted network coverage at home with O2. last week, only O2 SOS, no calls, no text. WiFi still fine at home. Blackberry Z10. Coverage fine once half a klik away from home. The geography has not changed, the house has not changed, the leaves have fallen off the trees, that's about it.

Work on local mast to take place Friday 19th. (Update Monday 22nd, Now maintenance no longer listed, so either not done, not going to be done, or already done: still O2 SOS, no coverage).

Advised to go to O2 shop and change SIM. Done on friday, half a day of my life wasted, no change, O2 SOS.

Half a dozen on-line chat sessions, and no further improvement, apart from endlessly repeating the same checks, switch off, take out SIM, stand on head and drink cup of tea etc.

Then today reliably informed by on-line service guru to get in touch with O2 Networks people, as they could provide signal booster. Given number, called, service person clearly stated that O2 do not provide signal booster.

Back to square one again.

Any ideas?

Irritated in Aberdeen.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
True, but without customer service they will lose customers and they won't have the money to spend....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As I said previously, O2 won't just replace a phone. If it develops faults after a certain period of time then it's down to the manufacturer to repair under warranty.

I'm surprised though that they are so inflexible over the upgrade date as I understood you could upgrade a month early when taking out a new contract.

Glad you got a good deal elsewhere and O2 really need to rethink customer service.

Message 22 of 22