cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit farce

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have seen the "great" deals O2 has posted re: the FitBit but for the sake of your sanity, I would avoid ordering this online. I ordered this last Thursday (26th Nov) on the basis that it would be delivered the next day. Come Friday, I had not received an email to confirm the item had been dispatched, and so I contacted O2 via their online help, only to be told that the item would be delivered "within 24 hours" i.e. by about 5pm on the Saturday. Come Saturday evening, no FitBit, so I again got in touch with O2 and was told that because Royal Mail does not deliver on the weekend (?!), the item would be delivered on Monday. Monday...no FitBit. Got in touch yet again, and told this time that the order had been cancelled because it is out of stock. 

Now if you visit the O2 shop, you will notice that the item is listed as in stock:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/fitness-trackers/fitbit/charge-hr/#contractType=nonconnected

I have just spent 53 minutes on the phone with someone who confirmed that the FitBit is indeed out of stock and they have no idea when it will be back in stock. Clearly someone is asleep on the job.

I am absolutely perplexed about how a) O2 can be offering an item for sale when they do not even have an item b) their complete lack of communication re: delivery delays c) their practice of cancelling an order without informing the customer. Had I not contacted them, I would still be expecting the item. The solution for this? To place another order...for an item that is not in stock! 

O2's inconsistency is absolutely maddening. I had previously placed an order for the FitBit and the delivery was delayed because they were "out of stock" but I was reassured that they regularly get stock and that I would receive the item within 1-2 days. However, because this overlapped with the Black Friday deal, and I would have spent more on the FitBit yet not received it in time, I was advised to cancel and place the order again. So the first time my delivery was delayed, I received no communication but was told that the order would be theoretically fulfilled as priority in a couple of days. The second time my delivery was repeatedly delayed and then inexplicably cancelled with again no communication. This makes me wonder if my first order would ever have been fulfilled?

In addition, I don't understand why the people on O2 chat mislead customers - why was I repeatedly told different times for delivery, none of which were true? This does not instil trust in O2 customer services at all. Furthermore, the staff on the online chat are clearly not trained well - I requested a transcript of my latest chat and was told it could not be sent while I was still online. This despite the fact that a previous rep had sent my a transcript while online and stayed with me until I received the transcript. I did of course tell the latest rep this but was repeatedly ignored and told he was "sorry I felt that way". Not sorry that he incapable of doing his job or asking for help if he didn't know how to do it.

To be fair, the lady I spoke to on the phone (because I was so disatisfied with the online chat) tried her best to help and was just as perplexed over the whole thing as I was. I now have to go all the way to a store to pick up a FitBit, but I lament the time and energy I wasted trying to order this online. O2, really - absolutely shocking. Do not sell an item if you don't have it. Simple.

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Castle Brom....
It's a bit pants tho....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Castle Brom....
It's a bit pants tho....

OK...wont be going anyway...just thought it was somewhere in Cov...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 69

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's by the old Fort Dunlop plant.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE*

I just rang the store to check that they still had the FitBit reserved for me to collect. Have been told that there is no reservation under my name and that they have run out of stock of the FitBits... You cannot make this stuff up.

*To be fair, the lady I spoke to on the phone (who sadly received the brunt of my irritation) has told me that they are expecting stock today and she will hold on for me. We'll see... but I'm so glad I rang up beforehand, I would have been absolutely livid if I had driven all the way to the store and found they had no FitBit for me. As it stands, I am only moderately incensed.

Message 14 of 69

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You couldn't make it up !!

Currently using:
Message 15 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hope it arrives tomorrow @Anonymous otherewise your moderately incensed ratio may rise...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 69

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Think of your blood pressure and stress levels, I don't think the Fitbit could cope....

Message 17 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thanks but honestly I'm just a glutton for punishment amn't I?! I should just pay the extra fiver and get it from Argos (which I am pretty sure I'll have to end up doing)!

Message 18 of 69

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, I'm Toby, the O2 Community Manager.

Sorry to hear abour this and let us know how you get on. Send me a PM if you need any help tomorrow.

I'm currently talking to the rest of the team about the ordering process everyone as I know it has been an issue before for some here in the past. I'll offer any info I can!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 19 of 69

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We’re sorry for any frustration this experience has caused. Currently our online stock system relies on several points of information which we try to update as regularly as possible, but as it’s not real-time, sometimes these issues can happen but we’re seeing fewer and fewer instances while we work on improving this system. We are exploring real-time solutions but these are very costly and complex and may take time to implement. In the meantime we are working on improving the customer experience by providing more frequent updates on delayed orders or stock levels and hope you’ll see these improvements over the coming weeks and months.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 69