cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling a lead up the garden path...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Basically, there is a bit of history behind this...

My 3G coverage at home 'nosedived' around the end of April to May-ish, and consequently, the ratio of 2G versus 3G uptime has 'subjectively' changed, since taking out my contract in January 2012... (I've got just under three months to run..) ... Its not been 'right' since May..

When I believed that my 3G service declined, I started using 'OpenSignal' app on my handset, to keep logs of 2G versus 3G uptime stats, location of mast I'm receiving service from etc etc... I've got over 100 screenshots backed up to my PC, some of which show service from a base station 22KM away, in an urban built up area.  (There was a new housing estate built nearby around then btw)

I've escalated the issue through o2 live chat (so ive got the chat transcripts), O2 facebook messaging, and then O2 public posts!!!... 

On Friday 26th of September, I opened a Twitter account, and tweeted the O2 CEO, asking for his facebook team to respond to the coverage screenshots I PM'ed them a week prior...

Just a few days later (30th September) I was delighted to recieve an 'O2: O2 4G is here, from 1st October ... No extra cost blah blah'..

... The link in which stated that 4G service would be available at the postcode I registered, from that date.

.... I thought this would be the 'fix all' solution, as I'm mostly a data user..

A week down the line... No 4G signal, no 4G coverage shown on the coverage checker, and no confirmation, when checking with customer service, both by telephone, and live chat when 4G would be available..

I've signed up to the 4G update emails, but all thats been said, is we'll let you know if there is anything exciting happening...

Have I been given 'factually sparse' information to try to appease me, or is 4G really coming to my area??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I may be a cynic...but you see that last line of your post (factually sparse)??....I would be inclined to go with that sadly...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once that text has been received it could still be 3 or 4 weeks away, but it's coming quicker to you than an area that hasn't had the text...... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Don't want to mislead you at all but I got the text and 4G was here 2 weeks later....

Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Just wondering whether the OP has a 4G sim and compatible phone?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I reviewed that text about 4G and it was in my area around 2-3 weeks later.

Here hoping for you.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Bambino, yes, I ordered and fitted a 4G sim, and, I have a 4G handset, I bought outright as a 'self insured' handset replacement (1st time in 16 years of having phones needing to replace one, so self insurance works, so long as you are careful)... Its a Motorola Moto G LTE UK spec, sim free/unlocked BTW..

(Having an unlocked, sim free 4G phone leaves all simo options available at end of contract too!!)

I'll stick it out for a few more weeks, and hope 4G sorts things out for me...

Thanks slight_smile I'm feeling a little more positive and reassured
Message 7 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Matty,

I'll try out any more info I can for you.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby Thanks....

Any further updates on when 4G actually goes live in my area??

Message 9 of 9