cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback is a gift

Anonymous
Not applicable

So here it is....

I have been a very loyal customer of O2s for many years and have always raved about the service i've received from them. This year however, i've had 2 interactions with O2 both in store and their CS dept and neither have been positive at all!!!

Earlier this year the O2 store from Hounslow came to my place of work to promote their products. I was offered an upgrade and at the time it was a good deal so i took them up on the offer. Once I got home i realised they had given me a 16GB phone and not a 32GB which was what i had previously and therefore couldn't transfer all my data, pics etc to the new device. I ended up calling O2 CS who were very helpful and after a couple of days i was advised to go into the Hounslow store to change the device. On arriving at the store I met the manager who had been at my workplace and was told that if I wanted the 32 GB phone I'd have to pay £199 for the upgrade. I was not happy and advised that they had not been honest with me in the first place and i was not prepared to pay that amount and if they couldn't do any better i'd cancel the deal and take my old device back... They couldn't offer this as they didn't have it anymore so they offered me a reduced cost (£79) with a different tarrif and an O2 staff discount 50% reduction on the airtime tarif... Great, finally we get to agree on an outcome. the only additional challenge now is that they don't have any devices in store so I have to go to the Hayes store to complete the paperwork and collect the device. The chap in the Hayes store was brilliant (Luis Barbara) and couldn't have been more helpful. A credit to the company, he set up the phone completed all the paperwork and advised to call if I had any issues. He also advised that the 50% reduced tarrif would apply at the end of April (this year)...

Unfortunately this didn't happen and i have spent the best part of the rest of the year trying to get the discount arranged. Eventually after many calls to the store i contacted O2 CS who (eventually) applied the discount to my account. However, i've been entitled to this discount since April and now i'm looking to get it backdated. O2CS have advised that I should contact the store (Hounslow) as they granted the discount. The store have advised that their Area Manager has applied it but as yet it hasn't happenned. How can a company as large as O2 have incompatent Area Managers working for them who promise a lot but deliver nothing.... I'm now at a loss as to what to do and where to go....

I wish it ended there but unfortunately it doesn't....

A few weeks back i was contacted by O2 and offered a new iPad Air for a good deal. 32GB wifi and 3G for a good monthly deal. I took them up on the offer and was advised that I had a 14 day cooling off period during which time I could change my mind for whatever reason. I received the iPad on Thursday 14th Aug and by Wed  20th realised that i didn't need it so called O2 CS to advise that I wanted to return it. The girl who answered spoke to the returns department to check it was within the 14 days and advised it was fine and that I could take it to any O2 store to return. I was slightly surprised by this as I didn't buy it from a store and asked her to confirm to which she did. The following weekend (23rd) i turned up at O2 Windsor and was advised by the Manager that he couldn't accept the device as I hadn't bought it from him. I used his phone to call O2 CS who told me i'd been given incorrect information and alluded that i hadn't been told to go to a store as there was no record of that conversation in my notes!!!! (Is that my fault???) The operator advised that she would send out a jiffy bag and that i'd have to post it back to them. Admittedly there was a bank holiday that weekend but I still didn't receive the jiffy bag until the 27th by which time i'd used one of my own and sent it back spcl delivery... I chack my account today to find they've taken out the 1st monthly payment on the 28th Aug KNOWING I'D CALLED TO ADVISE THE DEVICE WAS BEING RETURNED..... I go online today to chat to someone about it and i'm told they didn't receive it within the 14 day cooling off period!!!!!  Unbelievable.....O2 service has gone down hill and i'll not be recommending them to anyone in the future or renewing my contract with them!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm so sorry we meet you in these circumstances.

Yes ref returning and refunding it is dependant on how you obtained the product in the first place and they should have advised of so !

Link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

I would put the issues in writing here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

If you need to contact Customer Service then please only use 202
From your phone for this and not the online Live Chat Depr who are generally ok for non account low level enquiries.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Reading through your post, I would say you have every reason to feel outaged and let down.

A total mess in all aspects... And I would go as far as saying it smacks of the 'right arm not knowing (or even caring) what the left arm is doing'....

I hope you get some resolution to all of this. So far it looks as if you are fighting a losing battle

Another sad case of appalling treatment from O2 'Customer' service......:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally i would now and a complaint via email to
complaintreviewservice@o2.com
detailing everything that has happened after which if you are still not satisfied you can then take your case to the Ombudsman Service (you MUST go through complaints review first before going to Ombudsman or your case will be rejected).

I would also recommend, annoying that it is, that you leave your direct debit in place as missed payments will go on your credit file and can be almost impossible to remove. (I fully appreciate you will almost certainly feel like "why should i" "why should i pay for something i want to return" etc but we have heard horror stories from others where their credit file was marked and then they have been turned down for credit elsewhere including mortgages)

I wish you luck. Please feed back on how you get on.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

So many times the simplest of tasks go badly wrong with O2 and the main problem is that everyone wants to simplify their own existence by continually passing the buck and not taking responsibilty to sort things out on behalf of the customer. If you get through to an adviser, you are THEIR customer and everything should be done to resolve things.

I too believe your next step is a written complaint but would echo leaving the DD in place until the issue is rectified.

Message 5 of 5