Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up of O2 false promises

sparkymarcopolo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I challenged O2 about a charge on my account which the customer service represenative who agreed with my issue and sent a request for refund.

Several days later I check my account and the chrage was still there.

I called again and was advised it was declined so I requested a discussion with a manager. After a lengthy conversation she agreed it was misleading and would be refunded and to check my account today, which I have and the charge is still there.

Having just been on online chat, the last input is the decline to my request who have suggested I call again.

This just about sums up my experience with O2 at the moment, false promises and not fullfilling what they say they will do. What sort of service are they running because it's a shambles and all to common with companies today. Say one thing, do another!

So what's the next step....(tempted to cancel my direct debit and stick my payg sim in my phone!).

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Let's not get sidetracked here, what I reported and complained about was agreed by several people to be removed from my account.

The issue I have is it not being carried out.

I am calm until the time comes when I no longer can be but will not be held to ransom over credit rating threats, etc.

Going to call them @ lunchtime today - I'll drop a couple of anger suppressant tablets into my water about 20 mins beforehand wink

Message 21 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

no one is sidetracking we are all simply offering you help and advice from personal point of views! its up to you if you want this help or not however no one is sidetracking its just offers of help from our own experiances, 

Jay 

Message 22 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sparkymarcopolo wrote:

Let's not get sidetracked here, what I reported and complained about was agreed by several people to removed from my account.

The issue I have is it not being carried out.

True...and as I said just the same as mine..promised and no result. Till I hit the jackpot with someone who knew the distress it was causing me...and acted accordingly. Good luck @sparkymarcopolo  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We wish you well, whether you try calling again or making the complaint. It's all time consuming and frustrating.

Message 24 of 46

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I appreciate all the suggestions etc, but I don't want to get into a debate about this and that when the focus is on O2 not doing what they offered and agreed to. Of course there is a way forward and only I can act on it and what one takes on board.

I'll get there eventually I'm sure

Message 25 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

well good luck and I hope this matter gets resolved. 

Message 26 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have our well Wishes slight_smile
Message 27 of 46

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well it's still ongoing. Called them yesterday and there's no record on the system of a Manager approving the removal of the charges but after a long discussion it was approved again, this time I got names.

....still no futher forward, apparently the Manager was meant to remove it in the afternoon and still it appears on my account.

There comes a time when hassle and frustration outweighs the cost so I think its time to move on, cancel my contract with o2 and choose another supplier!

Message 28 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We we're obviously hoping of a more amicable outcome than the one your now taking.

I hope your new network provides you with good signal and customer service.

Check them out via payg sims as often advised on here and unlock your phone free so it works on all networks here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%...

Other help links :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Good luck.
Message 29 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry this hasn't been sorted by now. Charges can be removed immediately so I can't understand why this hasn't been done. Shame on O2 if this has now been agreed twice and still not removed.

Message 30 of 46