Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up of O2 false promises

sparkymarcopolo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I challenged O2 about a charge on my account which the customer service represenative who agreed with my issue and sent a request for refund.

Several days later I check my account and the chrage was still there.

I called again and was advised it was declined so I requested a discussion with a manager. After a lengthy conversation she agreed it was misleading and would be refunded and to check my account today, which I have and the charge is still there.

Having just been on online chat, the last input is the decline to my request who have suggested I call again.

This just about sums up my experience with O2 at the moment, false promises and not fullfilling what they say they will do. What sort of service are they running because it's a shambles and all to common with companies today. Say one thing, do another!

So what's the next step....(tempted to cancel my direct debit and stick my payg sim in my phone!).

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It related to travel charges per day and the interpretation of the text content.

Message 11 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

My advice is to keep trying until you get someone from customer services that does the job for you (while you are on the phone..

I had a similar issue when I needed to get some incorrect charges removed from my account. It took 3 phone calls.  finally I got an excellent advisor who did everything for my whilst I was on the phone ..my laptop was logged into my account. I refreshed the page when instructed to do so...and voila...the excess charges were gone and my bill was now to my satisfaction. It really just needs a lot of perseverance.

Not what we want to do obviously, its time consuming....but if it gets results then I am happy wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@sparkymarcopolo wrote:

It related to travel charges per day and the interpretation of the text content.

That was EXACTLY the issue I wanted resolved wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 46

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't give up easily (unless it's the wife lol) and suspect I'll be back onto them later but I'll take on board what you mentioned about it being sorted in real time!

Message 14 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Normally if this is a first time complaint O2 would go some way towards a goodwill gesture, maybe not refunding all charges but at least a partial refund. If the information is misleading or open to interpretation I would think you have a good case. An adviser can instantly credit the account without referring it higher if the complaint is justified.

Message 15 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleoriff said "My advice is to keep trying until you get someone from customer services that does the job for you (while you are on the phone..

I had a similar issue when I needed to get some incorrect charges removed from my account. It took 3 phone calls. finally I got an excellent advisor who did everything for my whilst I was on the phone ..my laptop was logged into my account. I refreshed the page when instructed to do so...and voila...the excess charges were gone and my bill was now to my satisfaction. It really just needs a lot of perseverance.

Not what we want to do obviously, its time consuming....but if it gets results then I am happy "

Totally concur Trying to ring them back and get an advisor to deal with it now as the online complaint procedure can take a number of weeks to be dealt with sometimes.
Message 16 of 46

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@sparkymarcopolo wrote:

I don't give up easily (unless it's the wife lol) and suspect I'll be back onto them later but I'll take on board what you mentioned about it being sorted in real time!

LOLLOL Brave words and showing sound judgement @sparkymarcopolo  (about the wife)....

My issue was resolved because I tried my hardest to be pleasant (despite feeling angry) It's amazing how that attitude helped.... though I am sure you already know that wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had £250 hardware charge this was supposed to be FOC via a GOGW i called them spoke to them calmley and advised them of what had been said and agreed, they looked back and saw this, the charges remained on my account untill my next bill was produced and these charges was taken off, sometimes you just need to be patient. 

my advice is this, wait untill your next bill is produced, you have an avarage of 14 days before the ammount is taken and within those 14 days the bill will be rectified if it deems so, the reson why you have 14 days from a bill produced to a DD being taken not just with o2 but any finance institute in teh UK is to ensure that any discrepencies are ironed out i.e. your one... their is no point making knee jerk reactions or calling in with threats of canx etc because then nop one will help you.. stay calm, stay polite and I am sure you will get a far better responce.. 

Jay 

Message 19 of 46

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 20 of 46