cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Handset 23 days old

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

My S5 developed a fault with the screen however as its outside of the 14 days i have to have it repaired, does anyone else find this shocking ?

my inital thoughts that if anything was faulty you are with your rights to request a replacement?

any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I would push for a door step swap personally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

My S5 developed a fault with the screen however as its outside of the 14 days i have to have it repaired, does anyone else find this shocking ?

my inital thoughts that if anything was faulty you are with your rights to request a replacement?

any ideas?

Thanks

Samsung do provide a 2 year warranty with their products so I would contact them..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I would push for a door step swap personally.

For my benefit @MI5  would you be contacting O2 or Samsung for the door step swap?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 at first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Won't O2 just say send it to them for repair? That would invite a world of trouble for the OP.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 would probably stick to their T&C http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob... but it does not cost anything to ask.

Look at 'The Sales of Goods Act.'
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Won't O2 just say send it to them for repair? That would invite a world of trouble for the OP.

If o2 won't swap it I'd go directly to Samsung. 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
O2 at first.

Thanks..well knowing what might happen if they don't agree to a swap...I might be looking at Samsung under warranty?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried instore they said if i had purchased it with them they could replace it but cause i brought it online all they could do was send it for repair.

I've looked through the sales of goods but couldnt find much about the retailer having to replace it they just have to offer a replacement or repair

Message 10 of 16