cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertising

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last week I was told over the phone by an O2 representative that my tariff would be £32.50. I now discover that I have been billed for over £37. I am not contact with false advertising, especially from such a large company, disgraceful.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If this is your first bill it will be slightly higher as you are charged for the first couple of days until your billing date has been generated by the system. The next bill will be at the tariff you signed up for unless you send mms or make calls to numbers not covered by your allowance.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If you look in your My O2 it will give you a bill breakdown.
There may be additional charges for stuff outside of your allowance too http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It's not false advertising @Anonymous as you can see from the explanations given..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would have been told this when you signed up

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 are guilty of false advertising and also tell lies when trying to upgrade a while ago i was offered price match on any like for like deal i found
when i gave them a link to a cheaper deal they refused to match it
then when complaining about no service in my area for a prolonged period i was told i would get £5 discount per month if i upgraded which of coarse was a lie as i tried to upgrade and was told there wasnt such discount on my acount and also if there was they only had the power to offer £3 a month
then today had a person contact me regarding my complaints and was offered the £3 discount again and he said i would recieve confirmation of offer and other things discussed via email and also details of possible discount i could get via my work and of coarse this email has not been recieved
looks like o2 are in self distruct mode to me they need to totaly revamp there customer service aproach and replace all the liars that work for them

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the feedback. There have been no extra charges, no mention at the time of the agreement that the costs were exclusive of vat, plus the monthly sum on the bill does not match the sum originally mentioned. This is false advertising and O2 should honour the original sum. So far not a good experience.
Message 7 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Welcome! Sorry to hear about these unknown charges. Please give us a call and they can be looked at to see what has happened there.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'm sure it's just a simple error or misunderstanding.
Toby will sort you out, I'm sure slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9