cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Usage Policy Cap for Unlimited Texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally appalled at what O2 have done regarding their unlimited text cap. 12,000 down to 2,990?? Unbelievable so really I am now paying £15 a month for nothing, not even worth it, and paying £7.50 instead of the old £5 for 'unlimited' or should I say 2,990 texts is ridiculous. this was a value for money network now I'm not so sure. it needs to be sorted or they'll lose customers. capping it because of abusers is wrong, sort them out not punish other people who actually enjoy/enjoyed the network. I am so angry.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Less than 3,000 certainly seems restrictive and can hardly be viewed as unlimited.
Other providers such as Three offer 5,000 texts on packages less than their unlimited packages.
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know, Tesco who they are supposedly teamed with offer 500 mins and 5000 texts for 12.50 on one month rolling. I have emailed them and they have taken my complaint in good steed just hope they actually sort this out. it's ridiculous.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
i didn't even know they did this only found out when i ran out of texts :@ phoned up got no help just 100 free texts to o2 users.
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah they havent even told anyone, I had to find out myself after thinking I'd used 10,000 in 10 days, I knew it was impossible so queried and found out :@
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Annoyed would not even be the word for it. I knew there was no way I'd have used so much texts!
I sent them an email and got a reply saying,
'The policy of unlimited texts was revised, as the majority of users
don't come anywhere near this limit. So a cap was put in place to
prevent fraudulent use and spamming and to avoid our customers from
breaching our terms and conditions. We can make changes to the services we offer at any point of time.'
Must have thought it was funny to lead on with 'as a one off... an extra 300 texts until next anniversary date.' 😞
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was horrified when i called up to check my calls and texts... than looked through my phone sent box and noticed i never sent over 10000... as users have said before its not really unlimited if there is a cap is it?
I've a heavy texting person, consistently updating Facebook statuses, texting friends, replying to Facebook mail and things like that,
My average a month in text is about 8000 so i'm curious as to who o2 can say the reviewed people when it was properly about 500 people...
i moved to o2 to Get this deal and now they have restricted it down to the same as other networks
from knowledge Vodafone, orange, t-mobile and virgin all have a cap of 3000 or 3500 texts on the unlimited plans.

I'm Awaiting o2 to respond to my complaint.
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
is this for contracts as well the 3000 cap or just pay and go?
Message 8 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
payg to stop spam text abuse
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it's like the loss of unlimited data because a few people were overusing it?
Message 10 of 19