cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanging handset within the 14 day period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, just upgraded my phone via fast track at the O2 shop and after a day I decided that I did not like it, so returned it to the shop to exchange it under the 14 day exchange policy and the manager said it is not possible.

It clearly says on the O2 website under terms and conditions that you can, what is going on?

I will go to court if need be, clearly a lie on there behalf.

Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'd go back with the info on your phone and insist.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

And or file the issue with cs on 202 or http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

"Speed to refresh
When you take an O2 Refresh Device Plan through the Offer, you can change your mind about which device you take in the first seven working days or you can cancel your entire O2 Refresh package (both Device Plan and Airtime Plan) as part of our standard 'Change Your Mind' policy. This means you can:
change your device for a different device available on O2 Refresh (which may involve signing up to a different Device Plan); or
subject to paragraphs 9 and 10 below, cancel both the Airtime Plan and Device Plan, get a refund on any upfront payment you may have made for your device and return the device to us.
If you decide to cancel, we won't be able to refund your Speed to Refresh Fee and/or put you back on your old tariff or move to a sim only tariff.
If you're cancelling, you'll still be responsible for any usage charges you've incurred.
You also have 14 days to change your mind about buying the device on the Device Plan credit agreement. You can't return the device to us after the 7 day Change Your Mind period ends so if you withdraw from your Device Plan credit agreement you'll need to buy the device outright. You can still carry on with your Airtime Plan."

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh
Message 2 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'd go back with the info on your phone and insist.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

And or file the issue with cs on 202 or http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

"Speed to refresh
When you take an O2 Refresh Device Plan through the Offer, you can change your mind about which device you take in the first seven working days or you can cancel your entire O2 Refresh package (both Device Plan and Airtime Plan) as part of our standard 'Change Your Mind' policy. This means you can:
change your device for a different device available on O2 Refresh (which may involve signing up to a different Device Plan); or
subject to paragraphs 9 and 10 below, cancel both the Airtime Plan and Device Plan, get a refund on any upfront payment you may have made for your device and return the device to us.
If you decide to cancel, we won't be able to refund your Speed to Refresh Fee and/or put you back on your old tariff or move to a sim only tariff.
If you're cancelling, you'll still be responsible for any usage charges you've incurred.
You also have 14 days to change your mind about buying the device on the Device Plan credit agreement. You can't return the device to us after the 7 day Change Your Mind period ends so if you withdraw from your Device Plan credit agreement you'll need to buy the device outright. You can still carry on with your Airtime Plan."

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh
Message 2 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As far as I understood it you are able to change within 14 days...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did the manager explain why it was not possible?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Guys, printed the terms and conditions and gave them to the manager and he still said he would have to speak to his area manager as there was no way to exchange the handset in the shop on the shops system.

Why have the terms and conditions on the website and not be able to implement them in your stores, very poor service O2.

Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

I would still speak to Customer Service to back up what you want and ask for notes to be applied just in case this drags on past the 14 days.

Let us know how this goes.
Message 6 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info Guys, printed the terms and conditions and gave them to the manager and he still said he would have to speak to his area manager as there was no way to exchange the handset in the shop on the shops system.

Why have the terms and conditions on the website and not be able to implement them in your stores, very poor service O2.

If honest that manager sounds out of his depth! No way to change it on the shops system?? slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There should be no problem at all in changing. Is this a franchised store? There should be non difference but maybe it's something the manager would have to query with head office.

Message 8 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like he has no idea to me.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nail on the head but really they shouldn't be put in a managerial position if they are clueless....

Message 10 of 33