Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE New Call Centre

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

EE has revealed Londonderry/Derry in Northern Ireland as the location for its new customer service centre as its UK recruitment drive gathers pace.

The new site will be managed by Convergys and will open in late spring. In February the operator disclosed its plans to bring over 1,000 jobs back to the UK from overseas call centres, and the location of the remaining roles will be unveiled in due course.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news/industry/29129/ee_reveals_location_for_new_customer_service_centre...

Think again O2.....?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it's the formatting, but I can only see

iPhone 5s -16Gb Space Grey - iOS 7.0.6
O2 PAYG - 4G.

in your sig?
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this part no longer going to happen @Anonymous

"There will be deep cuts at O2’s call centre in the Dearne Valley, too. It currently employs the equivalent of more than 2,000 full time staff but in 2015 is scheduled to provide only 730 roles. Capita also plans to strip out 145 of 725 jobs from the Leeds call centre in 2015, when a two-year jobs guarantee from O2 is due to expire."
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you viewing the forum in 'mobile' layout @Anonymous
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
My full signature is ;

iPhone 5s -16Gb Space Grey - iOS 7.0.6
O2 PAYG - 4G.

iPad Air 16GB. iOS 7.1
MacBook Air 128GB. OS X Mavericks.

Support Uk O2 Jobs.

Mea familia est mea vita.
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Capita addressed that document to us, they had provide a few alternate plans and projections for the future and that was one of possiblities they had for the sites, none of it has come to fruition though so I can't see why any of the rest would. Capita seems to have really invested into it the centers, they have actually taken on more staff since the take over.

No BoB, I'm on a PC.
Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah fingers crossed @Anonymous
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
That really good news. slight_smile

After being made redundant myself a few years ago I know that feeling 😞

When I post on my iPad I see my full signature.

When I post on my iPhone - mobile layout - I don't unless I choose the 'full' layout.

On a PC you should see my full signature.
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys.
Yeah it was a very scary time, but I think sometimes the rumours that go round work places make it worse some times. It's turned out a heck of a lot better than we thought it would.

I think it's brilliant that EE are making the move back to the UK, with the likes of Plusnet using it as part of their marketing I think it helps highlight how much of an important factor it is to some, it certainly is to me.
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh that's great wanty let's hope it all stays in the uk
Message 29 of 29