Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE New Call Centre

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

EE has revealed Londonderry/Derry in Northern Ireland as the location for its new customer service centre as its UK recruitment drive gathers pace.

The new site will be managed by Convergys and will open in late spring. In February the operator disclosed its plans to bring over 1,000 jobs back to the UK from overseas call centres, and the location of the remaining roles will be unveiled in due course.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news/industry/29129/ee_reveals_location_for_new_customer_service_centre...

Think again O2.....?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

they may have an understanding of the English language but can we understand them I cant half the time when I have had to call certain companies

Message 11 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The grasp of English does tend to cause problems for people but call centres should be UK based. I would have much more confidence in someone answering my query in my native language. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way prejudiced but O2-UK should be precisely that.

Message 12 of 29

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Another reason to stay on our business contracts still all uk call centers on o2-business http://www.o2.co.uk/business/why-o2

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 29

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I get frustrated with all call centres as I want to talk to organ grinder not the monkey after a series of basic and sequentially non-useful questions in some cases. Although O2 isn't too bad it's not someone I call often.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A UK call centre is always a selling point for me - I'd rather pay extra.  The overseas call centre was one of the main reasons I left Vodafone and I'm sad that O2 is going to be closing it's UK call centres.

Where have you heard this?

Will make it rather difficult for me to get into work if they were closed.

Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow hope and pray O2 call centres remain in the UK 😞
Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Capita plans to close O2 call centres and cut thousands of jobs - Telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/10087909/Capita-...
Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope they don't go overseas thats y I don't like other networks cus they don't seem to handle things properly
Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen media reports like that too hence the statement in my signature.
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's over a year old Lifeishard, we're all doing pretty ok slight_smile

Would have liked them to have fit a cocktail bar, but can't have it all can we haha.
Message 20 of 29