Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE New Call Centre

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

EE has revealed Londonderry/Derry in Northern Ireland as the location for its new customer service centre as its UK recruitment drive gathers pace.

The new site will be managed by Convergys and will open in late spring. In February the operator disclosed its plans to bring over 1,000 jobs back to the UK from overseas call centres, and the location of the remaining roles will be unveiled in due course.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news/industry/29129/ee_reveals_location_for_new_customer_service_centre...

Think again O2.....?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm all for Uk based locations to support our Uk economy in all sectors.
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah ur right @Anonymous it's the best way forward and I think a better understanding with there uk customers slight_smile
Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fab news from EE. Anything that helps to improve our economy.

O2 Really need to think twice as does loadamoan
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
All major companies in the uk should do this as a matter of course
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

A UK call centre is always a selling point for me - I'd rather pay extra.  The overseas call centre was one of the main reasons I left Vodafone and I'm sad that O2 is going to be closing it's UK call centres.

Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence the bit in my signature. 😞
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
If o2 does indeed close all of its uk call centres then they also lose all of my contracts. I too (like traceyjs1975) left Loadamoan for poor Customer Service issues. Only ever got uk centres when calling sales.
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be off too im not trying to understand a different language when trying to sort out a problem with my phone

Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have thought the people that man call centres abroad would have to have an understanding of the English language.

I think we need to get past this part of foreign call-centres.

Lack of knowledge is not always due to language barriers.
Message 10 of 29