cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Sim Call redirect

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

As a sufferer of terrible O2 reception, and I still have way over a year left in my contract, I've thought of a method that may reduce my problems, but wanted to get some techie advice on it.

If I get a dual sim phone, and I put my O2 sim inside it along with a sim which I know has good reception indoors, can I set it up so that whenever someone calls my O2 number and can't get through (due to no reception), it automatically redirects to my other sim? This would mean that I would never miss a call again due to lack of reception, as I currently miss many calls and just get a text saying so and so called!

Has anyone done the above before, or knows if it is possible?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I used to get very confused when I had a dual sim phone...mind you it doesn't take much to confuse me!Confused

That may be a combination of jet lag and Thai beer @jonsie Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or Thai whiskey wink
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You won't get that on a note @Cleoriff

Unless you get an import from the far east wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Let us know how do you get on as it may help others searching for similar issues....

Good advice @Anonymous and @MI5 !

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes will do. However, since this will be my main phone, I'm looking for a decent dual sim phone. The moto g2 (rumoured early september) seems to be good so I may wait for it.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with your quest.

I read 

The Moto G2 is expected to run a quad-core ARM V7 (VFPv4 NEON) processor and Adreno 305 graphics. It is also rumoured to come in a dual-SIM model although this may not arrive in the UK. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/3532481/motorola-moto-g2-release-date-price-specs-uk/
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 144350 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Have a look at the HTC One Dual Sim version or any of the Samsung Duos range too....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18