cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Sim Call redirect

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

As a sufferer of terrible O2 reception, and I still have way over a year left in my contract, I've thought of a method that may reduce my problems, but wanted to get some techie advice on it.

If I get a dual sim phone, and I put my O2 sim inside it along with a sim which I know has good reception indoors, can I set it up so that whenever someone calls my O2 number and can't get through (due to no reception), it automatically redirects to my other sim? This would mean that I would never miss a call again due to lack of reception, as I currently miss many calls and just get a text saying so and so called!

Has anyone done the above before, or knows if it is possible?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, what you are asking is possible as long as the phone was capable of dual standby.
You need to set the O2 sim to divert when not reachable to the other sim in the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, what you are asking is possible as long as the phone was capable of dual standby.
You need to set the O2 sim to divert when not reachable to the other sim in the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@MI5  are dual sim phones any good for using if/when I go abroad? I don't have a problem at the moment but this is something I genuinely want to know. For instance could the phone carry an O2 sim and a Movistar (spanish) sim?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes that's not a problem although Sim 2 should only be considered useful for calls and texts as data is generally restricted to 2G on that Sim slot.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes that's not a problem although Sim 2 should only be considered useful for calls and texts as data is generally restricted to 2G on that Sim slot.

Thank you. Something to think about when I upgrade....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't get that on a note @Cleoriff
Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You won't get that on a note @Cleoriff

Oh damn and blast...well, I may keep my S3 as a 'spare'...then I can build up a nice stock of android phones Bouncy

In fairness I never have a problem with using any network over in Spain but I did want the dual sim question answering...so I can pass on any new found knowledge wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I used to get very confused when I had a dual sim phone...mind you it doesn't take much to confuse me!Confused

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
You said it mate wink
Message 10 of 18