cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful and misleading service from Lancaster store. 5 Penny Street, Lancaster, LA1 1UA

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took out a pay monthly contract a few months back (even though i wanted a pay as you go) The manager convinced me otherwise.

I sat down and discussed the contract with an asian looking lady.. cant remember her name now.

I spoke to her about the importance of what ever contract i take out that i need 02 to 02 calls bolt on. She was insisting that she had put that bolt on onto my account and it would be active.

I recieved a rather large bill through last month with the majority of the bill being o2 to o2 calls. I called the helpline on 202 and they said that yes it was o2s mistake and they put the bolt on onto my account and call the store so they can arrange a refund for me.

I spoke to the manager again.. the same one who wanted me to get a contract

He was insisting that this little princess that told me i was getting free o2 to o2 never ever makes any mistakes. He was rude and obnoxious and seemed in a rush to get me off the phone (more than likely wanted his break)

Do not go to this store and if you do then do not believe what the staff tell you what you are getting for your money! O2 are now refusing to refund the money back to me and i have been left with a big chunk of money gone and the fact that its gone because i was mislead winds me up more,

Dont trust o2 lancaster

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
All your bolt-ons are listed on the contract you sign and take away. Did they not put it on there? It would have to be written of course because they don't do an o2 to o2 bolt-on anymore instore but would give some weight to your case because what is written on your contract is what you've agreed to take.

You can go back to the store and ask to escalate your complaint to their area leader.
Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Sorry to hear of your experience.

The official complaint form is here if you wish to escalate..

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
All your bolt-ons are listed on the contract you sign and take away. Did they not put it on there? It would have to be written of course because they don't do an o2 to o2 bolt-on anymore instore but would give some weight to your case because what is written on your contract is what you've agreed to take.

You can go back to the store and ask to escalate your complaint to their area leader.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous is an area leader akin to an area manager ?

Are they store based or out in the field.
Message 4 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@Anonymous when did the o2-o2 free call bolton end for new consumer contracts? Sounds Like the usual lack of training. (another thing us business customers still get for free)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sorry BOB, it's the same thing, we just tend to call them leaders for some reason. Generally out in the field travelling about yes.

You're testing my memory now Adam haha. The free o2 to o2 went to a retention only for handset contracts a good while ago off the top of my head, apart from the bonus tariffs which would could be interchanged the data with o2 calls. For simo contracts it was available, but not unlimited until the new tariffs came out, it isn't available on any instore and is a retention only bolt-on as far as I am aware.

I wouldn't say it's a training issue because the shop advisor can see clearly what bolt-ons are available because it comes up when they're selecting the tariff on the system, and they have to manually add them, sounds like perhaps a sales tactic? A lesson in why it's always imperative to read any contracts you sign.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds to me like the sales lady was being sneaky
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for all your help. it does seem the sales lady was very sneaky. 

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome for the assistance.

Wether someone has been 'sneaky' is up to ones own interpretation. wink
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for putting this here but it won't let me start a new topic for some reason!!!!!!

I'm just going to share my experience with the O2 store in newcastle Under Lyme.

Having signed up for a businees contract at the end of Feb 14 I was waiting quiet a few days for my phone to connect to the network after giving them my PUK code from the previous Mobile company. I rang customer services who said they could do nothing as I purchased the phone from a franchise store and had to go back to them however they were able to inform me that the port date was set to the same date as the PUK expiry date.

Calling the store they said they would sort it straight away and I was told it would be done within 2 days. 2 days later nothing and again I had to call the store who said it would be sorted in a couple of days. At this point I was over a week without my phone number and trying to run a business. After compalining and treatening to cancel my contract (withiin the cooling off period) to the store thay offered a months line rental credit on my account to which I agreed  . My phone was eventually connected and everything ran smoothly until my first bill arrived... no credit.... So I called the store yet again and said i would be cancelling as to me it was getting rediculous to which they said they would give 2 months credit and I agreed. Next bill arrived and hey presto no credit.....

I was fumming at this point and called the manager of the store and he assured me the credit was applied and he would look into it. He strarted to communicate wiht me via text message making excuses why he din't call me to explain and even promised to have the area manager call me...nothing!!!!!

I had to travel to China on business for 3 weeks so could not chase anything up while I was away and was shocked to discover yet another bill with no credit while I was away. I was not impressed at this point and on my return I called the manager again who assured the credit had been applied but I explained that I had had enough at this point and gave him every oppertunity to reslove this situation and as a result I would like to cancel. He explained he have to talk to customer services in order to ensure I had nocancellation fees applied. I called Customer services and they received no communication form the manager and still no credit applied to my account.

I repleatedly tried to call the store manager again but no answer. Called the store today to discover that he has been terminated from his employment and the new manager knows nothing about my issues......

O2 Customer services can't help as it's a frachise store.

Moral of the story.....DO NOT BUY FROM A FRACHISED STORE.....

O2 should be take more care on who to let sell their produsts under the O2 umbrella....

I may as well have signed up for O2 at a car boot sale.....

Message 10 of 12