cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do O2 have UK only call centres?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had my fill with Orange. I renewed my contract after they announced the relocation of call centres from India to the UK
Now they have reversed the decision and are sacking the UK operatives.
Do O2 have any call centres outside of the UK?
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
We've all UK based phone support to answer any customer queries. (http://j.mp/CallCS)
Customer satisfaction is our main aim and always will be at our heart. Customer feedback shapes every aspect of O2, so we take any feedback or survey results very seriously.
Behind the scenes at O2, we work hard to improve customer satisfaction. Our Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), is calculated by independent research. The survey involves many randomly selected customers, both O2 and non-O2, and covers areas like network quality, customer service and value for money. And based on the results & researches over the past years, we've achieved many awards as well. (http://www.o2.co.uk/awards)(O2 News Centre)(O2 Home Broadband Awards)
Thanks, Abs
Message 11 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've all UK based phone support to answer any customer queries. (http://j.mp/CallCS)
Customer satisfaction is our main aim and always will be at our heart. Customer feedback shapes every aspect of O2, so we take any feedback or survey results very seriously.
Behind the scenes at O2, we work hard to improve customer satisfaction. Our Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), is calculated by independent research. The survey involves many randomly selected customers, both O2 and non-O2, and covers areas like network quality, customer service and value for money.

This is good news but you might like to start checking on the workings of such surveys. I've recently engaged in a text based survey following my recent dealings with India. I'll cut short the actual questions but note (a) the number of the questions (as texted) and the replies given to my answers.
Q1 of 3 : Satisfaction Overall?
A. Very Dissastisfied
Reply : Thank you. Q2 of 4(!)Satisfaction of advisors knowledge?
A. Very dissastified
Reply : Excellent. Q3 of 4 : Satisfaction with warmth and friendliness?
A : Middling
Reply : Happy to hear that. Q4 of 4. Anything else about how call was handled?
A: Their solution was wholly inappropriate and wrong.
Reply : Q? (I make that Q5!!) Would you say you're a fan of o2 - You're delighted with us & will recommend us, you trust us and you'd give us a second chance?
A: Not at all.
Some QA on your survey systems would be a good start. BTW apart from my dealings with India, the unstoppable marketing messages and a few issues with the website I am actually a fan of 02 in that I consider it the best mobile provider. It's just that they could be soooooo much better.
Message 12 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Behind the scenes at O2, we work hard to improve customer satisfaction. Our Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), is calculated by independent research. The survey involves many randomly selected customers, both O2 and non-O2, and covers areas like network quality, customer service and value for money.

This is good news but you might like to start checking on the workings of such surveys. I've recently engaged in a text based survey following my recent dealings with India. I'll cut short the actual questions but note (a) the number of the questions (as texted) and the replies given to my answers.
Q1 of 3 : Satisfaction Overall?
A. Very Dissastisfied
Reply : Thank you. Q2 of 4(!)Satisfaction of advisors knowledge?
A. Very dissastified
Reply : Excellent. Q3 of 4 : Satisfaction with warmth and friendliness?
A : Middling
Reply : Happy to hear that. Q4 of 4. Anything else about how call was handled?
A: Their solution was wholly inappropriate and wrong.
Reply : Q? (I make that Q5!!) Would you say you're a fan of o2 - You're delighted with us & will recommend us, you trust us and you'd give us a second chance?
A: Not at all.
Some QA on your survey systems would be a good start. BTW apart from my dealings with India, the unstoppable marketing messages and a few issues with the website I am actually a fan of 02 in that I consider it the best mobile provider. It's just that they could be soooooo much better.

If it was a person on the phone then they weren't in India, they were in the UK in Derry, Leeds, Edinburgh, Bury, Manchester, Rotherham, Glasgow or Runcorn. O2 has no overseas call centres.
As well as being a tool for measuring customer satisfaction, those text surveys feed back directly to the manager of the advisor you were speaking with and are used for coaching purposes. For some advisers they also count towards their performance target.
The survey only asks 5 questions. On the first three you give a score from 1-5. The fourth lets you leave a comment and finally the fifth is a yes/no. All very simple and takes no more than two minutes.
Message 13 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
My 5 texts came over a 20 minute period just this week. If anyone's interested O2 passed with flying colours!
Message 14 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I have to wonder why people like praylett assume there are no people with Indian names living and working in this country? 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 36

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
And o2 have good uk call centers too.
Spoke to 2 people in last few days and they were both polite, helpful and went out of there way to help.
So for me it was top marks for both of them.
I dont however feel the same with o2 shops.
I may be wrong and other people may disagree with me, but they dont have the same feeling or they seem interested into helping. Infact in one of the o2 shops they seem more interested in playing games on there big screen than helping customers. Most days infact.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 16 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just spent hours on the phone with an O2 call centre in South Africa where they seem to lie through their teeth and advise you that your problem has been resolved only to disconnect you when you ask for confirmation via text. Everyone in the world seems to be able to text me except for O2 customer support in South Africa. I used to think India was bad, South Africa is far, far, far worse.

Message 17 of 36

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's more a case of the skill and patience of an adviser rather than their country of residence. Lack of training in most cases coupled with low wages but I've had a couple of good experiences with the South Africa call centre and one diabolical....

Message 18 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's more a case of the skill and patience of an adviser rather than their country of residence. Lack of training in most cases coupled with low wages but I've had a couple of good experiences with the South Africa call centre and one diabolical....

Agree @jonsie  In cases like this good ongoing training is key to any organisational success.

Incidentally, relating to my own last two dealings with O2 CS...One was based in Glasgow and the other in Yorkshire. (both female, both excellent..) wink .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 36

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Ah the good old Yorkshire call centre, the one in South yorkshire is at Capita at Manvers. Nice people and I've spoke to them many times, not a million miles away from me too. however. O2 coverage isn't great round there lol

I've also spoke to the ones in Glasgow and South Africa and again no real issues and a very pleasant bunch.

The ones in SA wasn't sure on how to resolve the issue, but the girl went away and spoke to a UK customer service agent and came back to me and resolved it, which she did.

I agree tho, training, supporting and looking after your staff is key, you could have the biggest call centre in the world, but if they don't have training etc, then it won't be the best.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 20 of 36