cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted by customer service level!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a customer of o2 for about 16 years now and, wanted to upgrade my phone. After 1.5hours 'chatting' to a guru I placed my order (irritating considering i was then late for a meeting...) and then, after trying to place the order, there was no where for me to put my address in.. (another forty minutes wasted..)

I then spoke to another guru, who advised I place the order and then he'll transfer me to another guru to change the address. I did this based on his advice. I was then told by the other guru that I had to now collect this from store?!!

I am in meetings for the next three days and cannot believe I wasted almost half a day upgrading my phone?!!!! I now have to go into town to collect it, when I didn't want to do that!! Really, really not happy and cannot believe the lack of support for a customer that has been with o2 for so long.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

No apologies needed @Anonymous

Your post was fine as it responded to a follow up question where the poster said they had been to complaints.

Recommending CEO when CS have not even been involved is a bad suggestion. After CS it should be complaintreviewservice@o2.com then if it is REALLY bad it can go to higher level complaints.

CEO is the last port of call when things are really really bad.

Message 11 of 34

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Everyone is entitled to give advice to the OP.
My advice is just one option and it is based on the fact that the OP claimed that they had made several complaints in the past and they have received no response from O2. If the OP wants to choose somebody else's advice or wait a bit longer then it is entirely up to them.
Message 12 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complaints to the CEO should not be happening.

If Miguel had not had a response from the complaintreviewservice then he/she, after 8 weeks, should go to the Ombudsman Service.

That is the correct route. Not the CEO.

Message 13 of 34

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Several new members have been advised by regular members on here to contact the CEO in certain situations. I was just offering advice to the OP - just like myself and other members are entitled to.
Message 14 of 34

Miguel
  • 47 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous at no point has anyone in O2 ever provided me with a link to this online complaint form. I have only ever been told (mislead into believing) that complaints could only be made on the phone to the customer disservice department.
As yet I am still waiting to hear back from complaints made over 2 years ago!
I know (now) how their tariffs work, however, my point was that I was (deliberately?) mislead by a shop-based employee, and as far as I know that employee is still working there and still giving the same bad advice to people!!!

You are incorrect about the payg options, there is an option that does not cost any money, and all of the credit you apply is used towards calls and texts (Simplicity NO ALLOWANCE). THAT is what I requested when I ordered the sim. Instead I was sent one that immediately transferred my 10£ cedit to other things. Why? Because O2 didn't listen to their customer, and instead did what THEY wanted.
Again, I'm still waiting to hear back from my complaint I made via online chat (I can't afford to waste time trying to phone when they are available or probably even be charged for the phone call!)
Again, no one mentioned the online form.

@Anonymous I disagree with you, when a company is so hell-bent on not taking complaints seriously or even bothering to respond to customer who complain, then yes, the CEO IS the best recourse. Perhaps then the company might realise just how annoyed customers are at their total ineptitude and customer disservice. It might also actually cause some reprimands to be given out to those that need it.
Given that I am still waiting, for over a year for a response to a complaint, I would say that things are BEYOND really bad! But hey, O2 don't care, I still give them money, so as far as they are concerned, they can continue being just as rubbish as they are!
Message 15 of 34

Miguel
  • 47 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous but the obmudsman has no teeth to actually DO anything.
The CEO, however, does have that power. Given that it has worked for me in the past with other companies, I will most likely take this approach this time.
It is about time companies learned that they cannot mess customers about, and the only way to get that message across is by ensuring the bosses get to see and hear about the ineptitudes of their staff. Only in THIS way can REAL change be made within a company!
Message 16 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Payg options to choose from are here ->

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

Big Bundle £10,£15,£20

Big Talker £10 , £15+

Their is another but I believe that is by invitation only.
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Miguel but you are incorrect about contacting a CEO.

There is an industrywide process in place for a reason. You should have gone to complaints after CS (see my help thread posted a few minutes ago). Details of how to complain are on the o2 website at the bottom of most pages. So the information was available to you.

If you refer to the CEO as suggested by @gemz4the1 what will happen is your correspondence will be passed down to complaintreviewservice and will join their in tray of work. It will not get any better or faster treatment (despite what is said above). The CRS would then respond and depending on your outcome you could then go to the Ombudsman.

I know this for reasons I will not post publicly. But it is correct.

So you could have saved yourself the effort and self helped by sending your complaint to the correct channel.

I promise you Ronan Dunne will know nothing about the complaint.

Message 18 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Feel free Miguel. I have advised you of the correct process.

Believe me.
Don't believe me.

Your choice. But the outcome will be the same.
Message 19 of 34

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
My advice was based on personal experience - I had no response when I complained to O2 - within 48 hours of emailing the CEO I got a response and a resolution.
It is up to the OP to decide what they want to do.
Message 20 of 34