cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful charges!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the letter I have written to O2 this morning after being charged £125 for 30 minute call, they then blamed 118 118, saying the charge is solely theirs. I called 118 118 who kindly refunded there side but O2 would not budge a inch and stated rather unhelpfully that adverting is advertising and I should pay more attention!!!
To whom it may concern,

I am writing in regards to a serious issue that I have encountered regarding your company. I made a call to 118 118 using my mobile (5pm 30.1.15), this call was in regards to helping a friend of mine find accommodation through the gateway service for homeless people.
The call lasted 30 minutes, of course i expected to have a charge higher than normal but to my horror I was charged £125 for this single call.
I called your customer service team and was informed the charge had nothing to do with O2 and the charge was solely from 118 118. I then called 118 118 and they explained there is a charge which they rescinded, but they only charge £2.57 per minute, therefore they charged me £79.35.
I then contacted your customer service team yet again and spoke to Philomena, she said she was unaware of what proportion O2 charged, but was not willing to refund the difference.
My phone is blocked, this in a time where I am on benefits and looking for work is paramount to daylight robbery, your team has being incredible inflexible and have chosen to hide behind set costs and stating it is all in the advertising, so basically like it or lump. The cost for this one call is debilitating to say the least and i even offered to pay the sum over a period of time, this just just get my phone up and running so I can make calls and receive call in regards to work.
I would ask this is dealt with with immediate effect. I have worked for software companies and even sold social media technology, I am fully aware of how companies such as yourselves realise the damage of this kind of case can bring.
I am happy to make a partial realistic payment but can find no way in this world that your charge and subsequent actions can be justified.

My case reference is:****

Kind regards,

Jeremy Travis

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea 118 118 is a rip off but if people still use them then what can you do. Personally i dont think they would just offer a refund, the OP used their service aware of the apparent cost so i cant see them refunded this after a pull on the heart strings. As for the extra money charged on the call, its o2s problem that needs to be investigated.

Message 41 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Why should anyone investigate it?
You know everytime you see those numbers on telly "UK standard rate mobile operators may charge more"
That's the same thing, an excess fee which has been there since day 1.
This is not an O2 problem this is failure to understand common knowledge.
Message 42 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not an O2 problem at all. Customers choose to use this service and the ridiculous costs are well publicised and have been for years. No need for an investigation by O2 but maybe by the regulating bodies

Message 43 of 43