cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Discussions with Amy - and other bots'

Anonymous
Not applicable

the above from Technology correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones from BBC news (generally Radio 4)

1st an apology from me ... = ... I am not skilled in putting up a blue link ... but ... came upon this item of tech news whilst perusing a very recent blue link of @jonsie's maybe the one about the retraction by a big USA cinema chain re: texting in their cinemas

Amy is a virtual PA, I don't personally particularly like the word bot as it conjures up the word bum for me Don't know ... Rory's report is quite fun to read, like the 1950's style monochrome pic of a female PA with a Filofax on the desk in front of her Surprised

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3671 Solutions

Here you go @Anonymous 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36053825

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Here you go @Anonymous 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36053825

thank you @Bambino :robothappy:

Message 3 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3671 Solutions

This should help for next time @Anonymous

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I must admit, reading this made me giggle.... Rory Cellan-Jones did not seem all that impressed with Amy Ingram (AI)

"So how did it go? First I handed Amy control of my diary, and gave her a few parameters about where and when I like to have meetings (though the truth is I prefer to avoid them altogether). Then I set about emailing colleagues to suggest appointments. The idea is that Amy knows my calendar and when people come back and suggest different times can work out if that fits with my schedule.

But so far, it isn't working too well. First, she's rather a slow worker. It seems to take hours for her to respond to meeting requests. This morning for example I asked her to shift the time of a meeting with Tech Tent producer Jat Gill back an hour because something had come up. At the time of writing - well past our original meeting time - she still hasn't responded".

Still I suppose we have to start somewhere @Anonymous?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I must admit, reading this made me giggle.... Rory Cellan-Jones did not seem all that impressed with Amy Ingram (AI)

Still I suppose we have to start somewhere @Anonymous?

Yes, Cleo' ... & ... you know me @Cleoriff allus playing catchup me being a tech novice ... I do try & agree with tech development & lifestyle etc ... but ... it's where we'll end up that concerns me LOL :robotlol:

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

This should help for next time @Anonymous

thank you @Bambino slight_smile

Message 7 of 18

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Interesting stuff, tbh though you'd think that organising meetings would be (should be) child's play in this day and age? There again, maybe I'm believing too much of what's on sci-fi and blurring that with reality... It'll be interesting to see where we are with AI in a decade or so though.
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

AI is something every lady I know is already blessed with....or maybe it's just me that's dumb Thoughful

Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

AI is something every lady I know is already blessed with....or maybe it's just me that's dumb Thoughful

I am not sure it's 'artificial' intelligence they are blessed with @jonsie...Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18