cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demo Device - thanks O2!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I urgently need some assistance in relation to having received a demo BlackBerry Q10 handset from an O2 store in Hove last November, which has always been faulty for the simple reason that it isn't a proper handset. Until very recently I was unaware that the device given to me was a demo!

I have been going around in circles since November with no viable solution from any so-called experts, and I have found that certain senior members of staff connected with the Hove store – namely an area manager called Ash and someone who initially appeared efficient called Omar – have been extremely unhelpful and blanked me.

My handset, which the BlackBerry technical team have informed me is built for demo purposes and therefore will develop faults, has been sent away for repair a number of times and the strange problem that no one can resolve is down to fact that it is a demo device.

The BlackBerry technical team have informed me to “demand” that the network that gave me the demo handset replace it. However, this is where the O2 store in Hove has been stalling for time and been deliberately unco-operative. I have never experienced such poor customer service overall when it is clearly a human error by Omar in November 2011 to have given me a demo handset that will never function properly.

I have been informed by BlackBerry that however many factory resets and repairs take place that this demo device will never function as it is meant to.

This bad experience with O2 has been shocking, and the fact that the O2 store in Hove, Omar and the area manager Ash are not prepared to do anything despite the fact that they gave me a demo handset is extremely disappointing.

I simply need a reliable and unlocked high-end device that can deal with around a hundred emails a day, with BlackBerry seemingly the perfect handset for that. However, I don't specifically need another Q10 BlackBerry to replace this demo device, and need to resolve this dilemma asap.

Any advice as to what can be resolved as being given a non-functioning demo device by O2 after four or five repairs, and then for the various O2 staff to then be so unhelpful despite their initial human error is not good enough.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why did you get a demo device sorry?
Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no idea that it was a demo until very recently!

Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's terrible have you tried an official complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't aware they released these to joe public !

How have you determined its a "demo" handset ? @Anonymous

You should be entitled to a fully functioning handset although O2 do not supply unlocked handsets out of the box.
Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me either it sounds like something dodgy happened in the store
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

The paperwork with it, which I've just seen, says demo!

BlackBerry won't touch it and the O2 store in Hove - a franchise - are being hopeless and ignoring the fact that they shouldn't have given this to me in the first place!

Shocking ...

Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is shocking I would be going down the complaint route at this stage now
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contacted Customer Complaints ... will see what happens.
Never trust an O2 franchise is what I've learnt!
Thankfully the O2 customer service and technical teams have always been brilliant via telephone conversations ... so the opposite of the stores that I've been unfortunate enough to deal with in Brighton and especially Hove!
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope for a good outcome I've always found customer services very good as well I'm sure you will get it sorted out will you let us know what happens please
Message 10 of 37