cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently ordered a new phone, this was a Saturday. When I ordered it I was told 48 hour delivery. When I hadn't received it on the Thursday I contacted O2 through the live chat. The phone, they told me, had been sent by Royal Mail, not UK Mail. The operator would not or could not tell me why I had been given a UK Mail consignment Number.

Then I received a text message saying my order had been delayed and could I contact the help desk quoting the UK Mail consignment number. I did this yesterday and was told by the operator at UK Mail that they had scanned in the phone on Sunday but didn't know where it was now, so he would investigate and phone me back. They did call me back to tell me they had never had the phone.

Back to O2. had the phone been sent Royal Mail or UK Mail? Answer: UK Mail. So why was I told Royal Mail? No answer. Could I check again on the UK Mail web site?

UK Mail tracking said received on Sunday Delivery Tuesday, Status 01 undelivered, Delayed.

Back on the phone to UK Mail. "I'll get in touch with the depot and they will call you back in 3/4 to an hour. Two hours later I phoned UK Mail yet again. "The depot has not responded I'll chase them up and get back to you." Still waiting.

Will I ever get the phone? I am beginning to wonder if I ever will.

Am I alone in this or have others had similar dealings with O2 and UK Mail? How did they respond and what did you do to get a positive outcome?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I think the op has lost faith and confidence.

This mess is between O2 and the courier service.

O2's duty of care is to provide the hardware within the time frame specified.

Not disputing that, but O2 have to speak to UK Mail and get their side of the story before deciding on what to do.  A delay of 20-30 minutes while they do that isn't going to make the situation any worse than it is now.

Besides, at this time of day a new phone wouldn't get dispatched until tomorrow so the delay again wouldn't influence how quickly a replacement phone arrives with the customer.

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded (by telephone) to a more expensive phone based on a promise that my new phone would be delivered the very next day. 2 days later and I'm still waiting. O2 live chat staff were unable to help. So, I contacted the delivery company and was told delivery was scheduled for the next day (3 days late). I wrote to the company via email to see if I could get the order delivered today and received the reply "we will endeavour to get back to you within 5 working days". I didn't know companies as large and reputable as O2 made unrealistic claims and promises they know can't be delivered in order to secure a sale. I will be refusing to accept delivery when and if the phone ever does arrive and I won't be paying a penny of the contractual amount. A 30 second google search showed me a dozen deals far cheaper than O2's offer. It's a shame as I've been a loyal O2 customer for decades.

Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  This sort of sad tale is getting all too common nowadays. It is so frustrating when you feel you are relying on misinformation and different explanations  every time you chat to someone else...

No wonder people are letting their feet do the talking by going elsewhere...

Best of luck with whatever else you decide to do.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13