cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaying activation of SIM/account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've just ordered a new phone on PAYG with O2, but I've just discovered that I still have substantial credit with my old provider that I need to use up.  

Can anyone confirm that my O2 billing will only commence once I activate the SIM, even if that is 7-8 weeks after receiving the handset?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Thank you for the update @Anonymous. I concur with @MI5 about the method you should use to contact O2. I'm surprised by the language used by the O2 advisor you spoke to, but not by his attitiude concerning Live Chat. If the language offended you, you can lodge a complaint here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't offended by the language, just flabbergasted by the inability for a large company like O2 to train their staff properly (both on Live Chat and telephone customer support).  It's frustrating when trying to make a decision about something, and not be able to get a definitive answer from the telco itself.

Thanks

Rob

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unfortunately an all too typical frustration these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I've never found a problem with speaking to customer service in fairness and usually get through to someone with adequate training and product knowledge. Live chat can be very hit and miss despite the satisfaction figures quoted. I sometimes find it quite refreshing speaking to a customer service agent who tells it like it is...:smileywink:

Message 14 of 14