cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit card contantly declined

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I am trying to buy some data for my mobile broadband dongle and my debit card has been declined about 7 times.

Phoned bank and they see the declines and they say it is O2...was put through to bank fraud department and they say no problems on account everything is fine.

I read somewhere in my google searching that if your card is declined twice you have to wait 24 hours before trying again is this the case?

I tried various browsers same thing...

As I do not have a landline, mobile broadband is my only way of getting on the internet with my laptop, I am currently using my mobile phone as a wifi hotspot to type this and I have about 100MB left which will not last long...I really need to topup urgently.

I do not have any other credit/debit cards which I can use.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I cant blame you for that. At least now you have your internet wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Glad you are now sorted but it's a shame you had to change network to do it. I don't blame you in the slightest.

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone else who has this problem.

On the top up screen on the page you select amount of data you want there is a button that says "not a uk registered card".  click on this.  change it to Rest of the world and this resolves the problem 99.9% of the time.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a resolution route you should have had to go down but on the flip side I'm glad you're sorted.
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this has happened...and that you are leaving O2. slight_frown

If anyone else has this problem again, we should recommend your advice @Anonymous 

Message 15 of 18

JOANIE345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
02 DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT CARDS ONLY CREDIT CARDS, THIS WAS CONFIRMED TO ME BY AN ADVISOR AND GOOGLE, THIS IS 100% FACT PLEASE PASS IT ON, 1ST NOVEMBER 2019.
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144081 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@JOANIE345 wrote:
02 DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT CARDS ONLY CREDIT CARDS, THIS WAS CONFIRMED TO ME BY AN ADVISOR AND GOOGLE, THIS IS 100% FACT PLEASE PASS IT ON, 1ST NOVEMBER 2019.

Firstly, please don't post in capitals.

Second, this thread is 5 years old.

Third, you're wrong. O2 do accept debit cards as long as they are connected to a UK bank account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@JOANIE345 wrote:

Firstly, please don't post in capitals.

Second, this thread is 5 years old.

Third, you're wrong. O2 do accept debit cards as long as they are connected to a UK bank account.

Most weird!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18