Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD courier nicks iPhone.... On cctv

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/cctv-shows-moment-that-delivery-driver-appears-to-145622809.html

Always one bad apple (excuse the pun) to ruin the reputation of the preffered courier for may community members.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mmmmm...looks like a contracted out courier (or one on a temporary contract) The van has no logo on the side.

Either way it would be interesting to know the outcome...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's well weird but indisputable proof I would assume.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Doesn't look like proof to me at all.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't trust any couriers, which is why I prefer the "click and collect" option where it's available, and even Amazon deliveries are collected from my local Post Office.

Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Fingers crossed I have never had a problem with any courier...(even Yodel who were pretty poor back in the day)

Amazon are fine in my opinion. They are quick to send replacement goods out if they don't arrive by the given time. If you end up with two items due to a late delivery, it costs nothing to send back...and they can be collected from your home ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In all the years of ordering online or over the phone I have yet to have a missed delivery or an item go missing. Guess I'm lucky and I hope I haven't given myself the kiss of death.....

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Fingers crossed I have never had a problem with any courier...(even Yodel who were pretty poor back in the day)

Amazon are fine in my opinion. They are quick to send replacement goods out if they don't arrive by the given time. If you end up with two items due to a late delivery, it costs nothing to send back...and they can be collected from your home ..

I've always liked Amazon, and touch wood, every delivery has arrived on or ahead of schedule.

Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Doesn't look like proof to me at all.

An item of that value would obviously need to be signed for, and couriers shouldn't attempt to leave it with a neighbour unless you've stated beforehand that you're happy with such an arrangement. However, drivers are often under pressure to deliver a package (rather than bring it back to the warehouse), and I know of incidents where high value items have been left on doorsteps.

As far as signing is concerned, I always think that using a stylus on a PDA is pointless, as it's like trying to sign your name with a crayon Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 22