cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T buy insurance!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 insurance. Buy a phone, I'm paying £70 a month including the most expensive insurance. £12.50 a month. I was told when I bought the phone it covers anything at all and a new phone within 48 hours. Sunday I had my phone taken, Insurance office only works until One o/clock. OK, so I call Monday morning and I'm Emailed a claim form. I sent it first class, It is signed for at 10.30 AM but put on the system at 1.30 OK fair enough. I call Tuesday and I'm told it takes 48 hours. I call Wednesday, again it takes 48 hours. I call today after 1.30 so well over the 48 hours and I'm told, we are still looking at the claim. Its simple I gave a police crime number. O2 now tell me that despite the salesmen in shops, the advertising it is not actually 48 hours. They tell me I will be contacted before 6.PM today. I was also told that I'm covered for any accessories, they fail to mention this MUST be bought from a o2 store and you need the original receipt.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Heard lots of bad things about "bubble".
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 33

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good and bad reviews on their website but you can say that about any of them in fairness.

Message 22 of 33

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Personal choice..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 33

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Personal choice..

I couldn't agree more, saving money but you take pot luck at the end of the day. Whoever you choose there is always that nagging doubt until the claim is successful and you get your replacement phone. A lot of these companies though only provide a refurbished phone...

Message 24 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think until you have experience of any insurance company you never know. Slightly off topic I went for an 'all of life' insurance for 2 of my cats. One needed a fair bit of treatment costing £486. It took 10 weeks to get them to settle  the claim. I only got it sorted after many phone calls and a few threatening emails...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 33

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Every insurance company will try and find a way out of paying up!

Currently using:
Message 26 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Every insurance company will try and find a way out of paying up!

True...and I am sure they only settled my claim because they got fed up of the aggro I kept heaping on them. It should never be that complicated if honest....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 33

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ultimately it's a business and they want dividends for any shareholders and big fat salaries for the directors.

Message 28 of 33

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear you're not happy about the experience, please send me a private message (link in my signature) and we'll see if anything can be done for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 29 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff @MI5 @jonsie

what you have said above  ^  ^  ^

it really shouldn't be like this, BUT I understand it is :robotmad:

Cleoriff, you shouldn't have had to give your cat's insurance company such grief over & over again, spending cash on phone calls & putting yourself through more stress than the stress you would have no doubt been under regarding the situation / health of your cat

URGH !!! is what I feel generally about insurance, but it is necessary

I have several insurance policies & my cat is insured, just because I simply could not afford to pay for any expensive treatment if he needed it - Simples Cat Happy

btw, I have to alter my phone insurance ... took the O2 shop's word rather than read the t & c's ... @perksie

& jonsie alerted me to this on another thread, just hav'n't got around to doing it yet 

Message 30 of 33