cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T buy insurance!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 insurance. Buy a phone, I'm paying £70 a month including the most expensive insurance. £12.50 a month. I was told when I bought the phone it covers anything at all and a new phone within 48 hours. Sunday I had my phone taken, Insurance office only works until One o/clock. OK, so I call Monday morning and I'm Emailed a claim form. I sent it first class, It is signed for at 10.30 AM but put on the system at 1.30 OK fair enough. I call Tuesday and I'm told it takes 48 hours. I call Wednesday, again it takes 48 hours. I call today after 1.30 so well over the 48 hours and I'm told, we are still looking at the claim. Its simple I gave a police crime number. O2 now tell me that despite the salesmen in shops, the advertising it is not actually 48 hours. They tell me I will be contacted before 6.PM today. I was also told that I'm covered for any accessories, they fail to mention this MUST be bought from a o2 store and you need the original receipt.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Re: the last part.
It's clearly in the policy notes that the accessories must be purchased through o2.
But the rest is pretty poor service tbh.
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funnily enough the £39.00 case was bought from the O2 store but I dont have a recipt.

Message 3 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Pay with card?
Message 4 of 33

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
You should always ensure you read the terms and conditions of the insurance products to be sure it meets your requirements. O2 stores will recieve commision for any insurance policies they sell, so they may blur the truth somewhat regarding the speed of claims. There may well be some who are done within 48 hours, others may be longer depending on the circumstances surrounding the claim.
Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

5.20 looks like another day will pass without a phone.

BLOODY O2 Customer service !!!!!! waste of time, Lies and more lies. 

I can't wait until this contract finishes. I've been a customer for so so long.

As for insurance I'm cancelling!  

Message 6 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

So an Email was sent but to the address I TOLD THEM do not!!!!! use.

Apparently my replacment phone will be delivered tommoro morning.

Now the biggest Con of all... £60 access !!!!!!! I need to PAY £60  

if you have O2 insurance cancell it NOW

Message 8 of 33

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yeah the excess is in the T&C's too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 33

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You always pay an excess for any insurance be it car, home insurance or whatever, you will see it if you look at the policy

Message 10 of 33