cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service a joke - Loyalty means nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I saw an offer for an iPhone 5s with o2 at the Carphone Warehouse on a 24 month contract, however it was for a new contract not an upgrade. As I was in the upgrade period of my current contract the Carphone Warehouse advised me to contact O2 about taking out the new contract then transfering it over to my current one as if it was an upgrade. They did not have a problem with this. I visited the O2 store in Thurrock Lakeside but the assistant I spoke to said her hands were tied and they could only offer what was on the screen and I would have to speak to the upgrades team. I duely phoned them and was on hold for just short of an hour to be told "the department is now closed phone back tomorrow".

Judging by their actions today it is quite clear O2 do not want my business. After being with them for 8 years you would have thought they would do more to try to keep me. I will be phoning them tomorrow but to cancel my contract and go to another network. What one I dont care as long as it is not O2.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

A subsidiary supplier like CPW always will be cheaper or they would not need to exist, it's how a business works.

Best to follow the best deal you can get.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
The carphone warehouse have given you some mis-information there also, if you take out a new contract with them O2 will not then "transfer" it over as if it was an upgrade, it would be seen as a new contract simple as.

You would then need to cancel your existing one and port over your number if you wished to.

Completely agree with @perksie go with whichever deal is best for you, just remember if you are moving away from O2 to check the coverage of the network you are moving to meets your requirements
Message 3 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi there,

If you do migrate away from O2 as there's a better deal, please remember to leave direct debits in place until your balance is zero!

Lots of people get caught out and end up with more hassle over a piddly few quid.

Good luck.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you took out an additional contract then you would have two contracts, they wouldn't move the new one over to replace the old one. 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 clearly state that they don't recognise loyalty anymore.
It is now "a fair deal for all" so new and old customers get offered exactly the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only way you would possibly get a better deal is by speaking to retentions.

Message 7 of 7