cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I brought the subject of customer service up back in 2012 when I received some poor, in my opinion, service. It's reassuring to see that in 2014 nothing's changed.

I have four contracts with O2 and I think now is the time to take my business elsewhere. I ordered a new phone yesterday to be told it would be delivered today. At 8pm last night I got a text message to say that the phone was out of stock and that they would let me know when it was back. I decided to log into myo2 tonight to see if there was an update. There was. Without any form of notification from them they have camcelled my order. I rang this evening to ask why. Unbelievably no one can tell me why it's been cancelled. To reorder the phone I have to go through the whole application again. I did it yesterday and it took me best part of 45 minutes. I appreciate this is a legal requirement but I did do it yesterday and it isn't me whose cancelled the order. I politely said to the lady on the phone that I wasn't prepared to do it again and I appreciate it wasn't her fault.

I've been a customer for 20 years+. The saying that springs to mind is "absence makes the heart grow fonder". After all these years it's time I feel to say goodbye. In a business which I accept is fickle, it would be nice to think that such a long standing customer may be made to feel important.

Goodbye O2. As Big Chris said in Lock Stock "It's been emotional".

PS. At the time of finishing this post I still haven't had notification from O2 they've cancelled my order.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Gubsy,

Let me know when you do, or if you are still waiting in a few days time, as I can look into it for you.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Toby if I have no joy I'll let you know.

Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

It's always imo the best way to check mobile signal hence why many of the members suggest the route of ordering a payg sim to test.

Hope all goes ok for you.

😄
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spent 3 hours reading O2 reviews, it goes for bad reading, the Company, need to completely revamp its customer service, or Offcom will, they are very rude, sarcastic, some cant speak proper English, I know I've had the some problems myself recently. They break rules, they do lie. This is a bad reflection of what is supposed to be a reputable company. When contract ends will move
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a shame that you will be thinking of moving networks tempo57 due to the customer service levels you've received. I fear you are very much not alone. A lot of the regulars on this forum have commented on levels of such service themselves.
Message 25 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Spent 3 hours reading O2 reviews, it goes for bad reading, the Company, need to completely revamp its customer service, or Offcom will, they are very rude, sarcastic, some cant speak proper English, I know I've had the some problems myself recently. They break rules, they do lie. This is a bad reflection of what is supposed to be a reputable company. When contract ends will move

I understand many people have the right to complain about bad service with O2. It does appear to be very hit and miss (or down to luck )....

However my own experience of O2 contract staff was so good a few weeks back I have nothing but praise for that particular advisor. My new tariff request was handled speedily and with no problem at all wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 26