Did you mean: 

Customer Service experiences: O2 Shops

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

One of my objectives in early 2015 is to collate any experiences and observations from the community in regards to O2's customer service. It comes in many forms in any large company such as O2, so I'll create a thread for a number of ways to contact us.

Today, we start with customer experiences in shops. How do you find the service you receive in store? What works well? What would you improve if you had the chance?

We'll also create threads on Live chat, ringing O2 and social media. I cant wait to hear from you all slight_smile

O2 CS.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Topcat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I went in to the Brighton branch last week to upgrade. Have to say I was seen very quickly and within 15 mins walked out with the phone I wanted. Staff were friendly but thankfully not in the American style!
I don't needto visit a store that often, the last time was a couple of years ago when a fault developed with my SIM card. This was a branch in Victoria, London. Again the staff were really good, identified the problem quickly and in a very short time I walked out with a new sim.
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it can also depend on the question, and how it is asked. If you are clear what you ask for. ....
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken about this in porevious thread, buit would like to make it offica here since data is beeing collected.

My experience with the Stratford Mall London 02 Store on Tuesday 24.02.15 is that

1.I found out that the sales assistant didnt advise me adequatly about the phone that would best suite my needs. I found after on line that there was other model available. She acknowledge that I could have the other model when I went to the store again on Saturday 28.03.15.

2. She also said that that another model is £28 while on line it says £15 monthly. She did not point out that there are better deals on line if this is the case.

1. She gave me wrong information on my contract when I asked her to go over it due tyo my dislexia.I find difficult foloowing long winded psaparework I am not already familiar to. She didn’t tell me that I could not change my contrat in the 14 days periode when I can change the phone. On the Saturday 28.03.15 she said that she did not give me that information because she "didnt think that (I) will be echanging it".

4. She dismissed my wish for a black hanset despite my repeating myself SEVERAL times, and was actually processing a white hanset I did not want, telling me "well, we only have it in white!" dismissivelly.

5. I asked her if a black hanset could be ordered or reserved for me, she again dismissed me, saying "we will definitly have it" despite the fact that they did NOT have it on the TWO occassions I went there. I had more so informed her that I am dissabled, which is alos evident by the way I walk and the use of a walking stick. I informed her that I was trying to avoid unecessary trips. She was also aware that there was only a short time during which to make the change.

I have had many very satisfactory experience previously with 02. Never had I had I met a staff that was throughout unreliable!  I had to insist for a hanset to be orderedd or reserved for me for today.  The rest is yet to be seen.

Message 13 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
On point 2
That seems like a bit too much of a difference in price and imo is a confusion over the refresh tariff.
Although, that should have been addressed by the salesperson.
Message 14 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for posting. Just checking whether you have managed to private message @Toby  yet re your issues? He did invite you to PM him if you wished. Toby is the Community Coordinator and will be able to help you if you get in touch. Just click on his name in this post and you will be able to contact him via this route...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 21

Liontamer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had reason to visit two o2 shops in the past fortnight, to resolve a few issues, I am a long standing o2 customer. The experience I had at Keighley left me cold. The "guru" was pretty rude to be honest. A week later I called into the o2 shop in Bridgend Town (not the one on the outskirts). A young guy there was fantastic, polite & genuinly helpful, totally oppposite to the guy in Keighley. 

Message 16 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Useful feedback, thank you.
I'm sure @Martin-O2 will feedback to the shops concerned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 21

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 18 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:

It's so surprising how two stores can differ so much. 

Yes it's amazing really. Though I have always had first rate service from my local store. I just go in and play the 'dim old woman' card. Works a treat....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 21

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

@jonsiewrote:

It's so surprising how two stores can differ so much. 

Yes it's amazing really. Though I have always had first rate service from my local store. I just go in and play the 'dim old woman' card. Works a treat....joy

As long as you tell the truth then. ....LOL

Message 20 of 21