cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off periods

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Just a quick question... I think it makes sense!

When taking out a new contract (just preordered iPhone 6 Plus, 2-3 weeks after launch delivery date) when does the cooling off period begin? Now? Or when the new contract kicks in, which I assume is when the phone arrives? And will I have 14 days (or something?) on -arrival- of the phone to change my mind etc?

Asking *just in case* the Plus just is too big for me. I wouldn't expect it to be, which is why I decided to order it, but just curious about all options available to me!

Thanks everyone!

Stuart

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

From the link "You have 7 working days to return the phone, however if your previous tariff has been withdrawn you won't be able to move back onto it. You'll stay on your new up to date tariff.If you choose to change your deal then you will need to return the phone to us and once we have it back we can arrange your new deal because this may have an effect on how long it will be before you can upgrade again.

If you've returned your phone in the cooling off period and chosen another one, the cooling off period doesn't apply to the new phone."

Starts when you receive the phone.
Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting from when? Yesterday? Or when the phone arrives?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

From the link "You have 7 working days to return the phone, however if your previous tariff has been withdrawn you won't be able to move back onto it. You'll stay on your new up to date tariff.If you choose to change your deal then you will need to return the phone to us and once we have it back we can arrange your new deal because this may have an effect on how long it will be before you can upgrade again.

If you've returned your phone in the cooling off period and chosen another one, the cooling off period doesn't apply to the new phone."

Starts when you receive the phone.
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff! Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most welcome.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there GameCube,

your 14 days start when the phone is sent to u not when it's ordered, so don't worry about it and enjoy ur new phone, bet ur counting the days. Crazy

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funnily enough I assumed the 7 days thing was for contract cooling off and I thought there were 14 days for simply changing your mind about the phone itself. Key thing for me at least is it starts when the phone arrives, plenty of time to decide slight_smile

Message 10 of 12