cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help I need to speak to someone at O2 and have been ringing and ringing and there is no answer, I held on for over 20mins and that was from a landline. I cannot manage to get hold of anybody either online or on the phone. 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

You rang m'lady? wink

Hi @bidefordjohnboy

I'm sorry but I think I'm the bearer of some bad news... That request is also going to get rejected... The request needs to be made directly with Sony .... because O2 have no way of verifying where the imei comes from it keeps on being rejected... have you tried another network sim in it?

Just in case, here is Sony Mobile's customer service number 08705237237 . Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 31 of 40

bidefordjohnboy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Yes I have tried another network sim, the handset is locked.

This is what Sony Service are telling me.

"Dear John,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

In regards to the issues you are having gaining an NCK code for your Xperia S i have double checked our information and can confirm that we would not be able to get an NCK code to yourself.

All codes are supplied from the manufactures head office direct to the network, in no way is that department customer facing therefore they would not be able to supply you with one directly. All NCK codes go to the customer direct from their network."

Message 32 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is another way @bidefordjohnboy

Can you ring 202 and mention your request has been declined 4 times, Sony sent you that email, and you want a Manager. The Manager will be able to do another request and if it gets declined again because it is coming from a Manager they have to provide a reason for it, and we will get to the bottom of this.

All the requests are sent to Sony by O2. O2 doesn't have the codes, it only forwards the requests to the manufacturer...Anyway I think this may be the solution at this point...Smiley Frustrated

Message 33 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144076 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yet again another failure of o2 cs to process a simple unlock request. Why is it so difficult?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 40

bidefordjohnboy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello again, Thanks for the tip. Have been on to 202 again, issue is being handled by manager, I have an email address to forward proof of exchange to. Should have code within 72 hours.
Message 35 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Good news @bidefordjohnboy Lets hope they come through with it this time wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 40

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be done . She is a very good manager wink

Message 38 of 40

MI5
  • 144076 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They should ALL be very good managers Astounded

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 40

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They should ALL be very good managers Astounded

For sure, but we all know that they aren't. 

Message 40 of 40