cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Redesign

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

over the past few months we've been working on new designs for the community - it's not just cosmetic, as you can see we're looking at some new features too.

We'd love to hear what you think about these 3 potential designs, and we'd also appreciate any ideas or suggestions :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Design #1
community-v1-desktop-feedback.jpg

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

The "Top Tags" section seems to be broken:

toptags.JPG

"angela rippon"?? Really??

EDIT: And ummm....where has the "Latest Posts" section gone? I used that all the time!

EDIT 2: Should the "Unanswered Posts" section be so big? Do O2 really want to advertise that people are posting on the community and aren't getting answers? Either do away with this section or put it somewhere that us regulars know where to find it...ie only show up AFTER we've logged in.

EDIT 3: The "Get Help With O2 Products & Services" looks really disjointed with 5 sections. Either add one in until Wallet goes offline, take something else out or redesign how this section looks. It smacks of unprofessionalism and poor web design.

Message 51 of 121

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
My apologies. I never noticed the picture links on the bottom of screen.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 52 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think it a bad idea to have the "Latest Topic" section at the very top of the Community. Some may see this and think that O2 are publicly stating that the Samsung Galaxy 4 is a pile of rubbish...who knows what new topic title might be created by someone and it'll sit there on the very front page of the Community...

Why not Swap it for a "Recently Solved" section? Its all about image and how you convey yourself to customers...

latest.JPG

Can someone also explain the thinking behind the images for each section? The cat for TuGo? Balloons for Off-topic? An HTC and a Lumia (possibly the smallest subset of customers O2 actually have!) for Pay monthly/PAYG? Whats the squiggle for "Other Devices"???

EDIT: Just noticed that the Cat appears to be some sort of TuGo branding by O2 across the site!?

Message 53 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Do we really need at least 2 threads running about this change?
Whilst I am at it, I see the dreaded Kudos leader board is still there but now seems to have deleted most peoples Kudos (look at all time for eg and you'll see it's nothing like what it said yesterday.
There probably isn't enough server space for me to write about everything else that is wrong 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where's the other thread? Smiley Frustrated

Message 55 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Where's the other thread? Smiley Frustrated

Here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/new-website/td-p/629668

and another in the News section....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 57 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah okay, I though the discussion in the link was about the new look O2 site, this one is about the new look Community site and the thread in the News section hadn't been posted in this morning but I see that it has now...and it should probably have been locked after Chiara created the thread!

Message 58 of 121

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Guys,

Please remain constructive in your thoughts on how the site has changed about the actions we take. There will be some kinks that we can iron out over the next few weeks and your feedback is always useful, but its a work in progress, so be patient too slight_smile

I've merged these related threads as requested, but in future, please PM me rather than publicly posting your thoughts. It makes a discussion go off-topic.

Cheers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 59 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find anything, so I'm having a sulk at the moment. That main front page isn't attractive at all though and doesn't look anything like a forum should do, I expected that the traditional feel would still be there once you go into the root of the forum.

Off to try to find the new post button and have a mooch.
Message 60 of 121