cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Redesign

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

over the past few months we've been working on new designs for the community - it's not just cosmetic, as you can see we're looking at some new features too.

We'd love to hear what you think about these 3 potential designs, and we'd also appreciate any ideas or suggestions :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Design #1
community-v1-desktop-feedback.jpg

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Toby and @Anonymous

I now see the new layout has come live.

Some will like it and some won't.

Here are my thoughts.

The mobile version layout on my iPhone is now clearer to read and navigate with.

In the full version I'm forced to go to landscape mode because in portrait everything is bunched up.

Still no rich editor function that I can see.

I cannot see the members topic help write ups.

The phone sections at the top are a bit light in colour in comparison to the below sections in darker colours. Credits to @Cleoriff on that. Totally agree.

Why is O2 wallet still included if it's been shut down.

The reply box I write in seems much smaller which makes it a little more difficult to compose a reply.

On the whole I like it.

What do other members think ?
Message 41 of 121

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@AnonymousI probably need to reset the sizing somewhere...??

I had an email as you mentioned me...when I checked your post my 'mention' was not on the post..

(Print too large)

Also half your signature is not showing...

Edit: Now I have refreshed the page my name is showing..but your full signature isn't?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
The mention ie @ seems to disappear if you edit a post. And then has to be the keyed.

And yes just noticed my signature too. 😞
Message 43 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the new font size as it seems clearer to read. If it is changed !
Message 44 of 121

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for your thoughts guys! Keep any feedback coming that you have.

We're aware of the signature problem and that'll get worked on.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 45 of 121

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
More info

I quite like the live version but as stated, there seems to be a problem whereas some usernames extend over the text. A few tweaks needed and a little time to get used to it but first impressions are favourable.

Message 46 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of it looks good, other parts are really badly designed and thought out.

community.JPG

* Section headings should stand out, not fade into obscurity on the page.

* "Get Help With Your Mobile Device" section is a different colour/image/template from other section and again disappears into the page. I actually had to scroll around to find that section! These should be blue and the same size as the other sections.

* Text on the page is far far far too big. Scrolling is an ancient art, and I have a fairly large monitor so have to do less scrolling than probably alot of users. I've had to do a "Ctrl+Scrollwheel down" to make the page smaller so more fits on it.

* I havent checked the mobile site, but having to view a site in Landscape mode as BandofBrothers has had to do smacks of poor design.

* Why does the "Latest Topics" section take up so much screen real estate?

These are my initial reactions after spending 5 minutes on the site. I'll add more should I find anything else wrong.

Message 47 of 121

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Toby...I have given myself more time to 'browse' now.

I feel the same as Papadug re the Get Help With Your Mobile section on the home page

The main purpose of the forum is for Mobile Phones but the Apple, Android and Other Devices section is

very pale by comparison to the others (in dark blue) So when anyone new to the forum comes here the eye

is drawn past the mobile section..

Also the print is far too large when posting...

The rest of it will require time and patience (on my part) to feel comfortable with it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 121

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Thanks for these posts and keep them coming.

We're having meetings over the next few weeks to go over some of these opinions and I'll raise these too.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 49 of 121

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I have mixed opinions. Good that you finally got rid of the PHPBB look about the forum which everyone seems to use although to me it's look kind of along the lines of Wordpress look with small avatars and large text in the message bodies.

Maybe consider using sliding menus (hidden DIV's) to allow access to the different categories rather than using a hierarchy menu system to navigate the forum topics. I realise this is inherited from the fact the system works like this, although it should still be user-friendly.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 50 of 121