cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Redesign

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

over the past few months we've been working on new designs for the community - it's not just cosmetic, as you can see we're looking at some new features too.

We'd love to hear what you think about these 3 potential designs, and we'd also appreciate any ideas or suggestions :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Design #1
community-v1-desktop-feedback.jpg

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally do not like any of those designs. Having such large boxes for each forum sub section is a waste of screen space and creates a product where the end user is needlessly scrolling. Now if those boxes where 1/4 of the size they are shown on screen, I wouldn't mind it, but as it stands, they are massive.

But yes, do lose all the junk from the right side of the community index. And add ways to minimize a section with a down/up arrow at the top of each section.

As regards different areas of the community. I would like to see the option to define a social background removed. And the user icons displaying in a post as the same size that they display on the person's profile.

Message 21 of 121

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Of the 3 I prefer the second one though I agree with some of the others that the boxes could be made smaller. Number 3 being cleaner but more basic may look better on lower resolution devices however.

Is there also a redesign for the mobile interface?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 22 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

Good Point.

I would hope the 'Rich Editor' could be run again on iPhones.

Message 23 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also like to see a qoute button on each post in a thread (when viewing a thread), rather it being tucked away behind the reply+reply window.

Message 24 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

Yes, we're looking at both desktop and mobile redesign.

Message 25 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd also like to see a qoute button on each post in a thread (when viewing a thread), rather it being tucked away behind the reply+reply window.

Thanks for the suggestion, SeaCat. We'll see if the platform allows it.

Message 26 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@aldaweb wrote:

Woo hoo.   

Bouncy

Message 27 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can we get the ability to quote on an ipad please slight_smile
Message 28 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@aldaweb wrote:

Good stuff! As the others have suggested, we need more options in the mobile view rather than just a plain text box.

Message 29 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely, PapaDug, that's something we started looking at even before discussing the desktop redesign slight_smile

Message 30 of 121