cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Redesign

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

over the past few months we've been working on new designs for the community - it's not just cosmetic, as you can see we're looking at some new features too.

We'd love to hear what you think about these 3 potential designs, and we'd also appreciate any ideas or suggestions :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Design #1
community-v1-desktop-feedback.jpg

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
No 2 for me too.
Cleaner layout.
Hopefully there will be room for our "Guides" that we have been writing for Toby too ?

^^ This.

Good to see the 'Top Taggers' section gone too.

Took up forum board space.

And the "new" tag has been taken off the Community Forum banner ! Awesome.

Message 11 of 121

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Although I think all of the designs are great, I prefer design number 3.  I think that it is more simple and would be easy for new members to navigate. 

More colourful icons would be nice.

It would be good to see a bit of a micture between design number 2 and 3.

Message 12 of 121

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Logistically you want something that loads quick. I like the design, it's spacial, uncluttered and the use of irregular shapes in parts keeps your eyes focussed in the one area you need rather than distraction from it.

My only grumble is you should have used Grumpy Cat for your campaign. 😉

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 is the best of the bunch, but at the same time there is room for improvement.  I think that the 'panels' should be smaller and more individualistic.  The structure/layout is fine but still a little cluttered.  3 is too basic and 1 is far too cluttered.

Message 14 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Design 1

The page seems to be very long and looks like it will require alot of scrolling for new users to find the correct  section they are looking for. The aesthetics are good, but I found that as some of the graphics are similar to those found elsewhere on the O2 site that I didn't realise I was looking at the different community sections!

The "News & Features" section is too big and takes up too much space. The "Get help with your mobile" sections would be inundated with all the default questions from people who didn't realise there were more options if they scrolled down the page.

Design 2

Again I feel the"News & Features" section is too big. People will have come to the community for help and so it should be obvious from the first page they are greeted with how to get that help. I don't like the size or the idea of the "Featured discussions" section either, why not swap it for the "Welcome" section in design 3?

Rather than having the sections 3 squares wide across the screen, ie "Apple devices"/"Android devices"/"Other Devices", it might look better if each of these three squares were stretched across the page instead and made narrower maybe the height of each of the logos, and then repeat that for all of the other sections, ie:

Apple devices

Android devices

Other devices

There is no "Manage your O2 accounts" section in Design 2, I'm not sure if this is an oversight?

The section headings need to stand out more., ie "Get help with your mobile" and "Get help with O2 products & services"

Other than that I like this layout.

Design 3

Far too basic. I don't like it.

On a side not, I am assuming that the graphics for all of the sections will be customised and that these are the finished artwork?

I can't see any "Sign In or Register" option on any of the three designs.

Message 15 of 121

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great post PapaDug; exactly what we need.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I like number 3 the best.  It looks as though it would fit on the screen with minimal scrolling.  Its clean and shows what's needed.

I don't like the images used in redesigns 1 and 2.  Home broadband & Home Phone has the same image as TuGo as O2 Wallet as other sections.  This makes it hard to distinguish and makes the images non-useful. 

1 and 2 are too long - far too much scrolling to find what you want.

Message 17 of 121

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I do like the images in design numbers 1 and 2.

The only reason I am swaying towards number 3 is due to its simplicity.  I think it would be easier for new and old users to navigate.  It does look a bit plain though.

Maybe create a design number 4 with a combination of all 3 designs?

Message 18 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Number 2 I think is the best 3 is too basic and 1 is to crammed
Message 19 of 121

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm surprised this post isn't a sticky or at the top of the section considering the impact its going to have. I almost missed it.

However, my thoughts are that though the trend seems to be big icons/pictures its actually quite distracting to trying to find something. Hence I like #2 but could do with smaller identifiable icons for each section -the phone icons for example define the boards easily but there the others are non-descript. It could then have the impact you want. 

If you can drop the pointless boxes i.e. the kudoed authors & featured discussions, it looks more balanced or move them to the bottom.

Can I suggest that you have at the top, a network news section where people can find out about issues without posting multiple times?

BTW, since it will be an opportunity to rationalise the number of boards, what will happen to the o2 wallet & broadband sections?

Message 20 of 121