cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Redesign

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

over the past few months we've been working on new designs for the community - it's not just cosmetic, as you can see we're looking at some new features too.

We'd love to hear what you think about these 3 potential designs, and we'd also appreciate any ideas or suggestions :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Design #1
community-v1-desktop-feedback.jpg

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As far as I am concerned they can hurry up and change it back... I have been on for 20 minutes only, reading threads to catch up...I can feel a headache starting already....

And for info..this is an eyestrain related headache...I used to get these rarely but have had them for the past 2 days..Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 91 of 121

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

A can assure you there will not be external ads in the space. We are trying it out to see if members find the links useful. (i.e asking a question, seeing our brilliant highlight threads or needing to find MyO2 easily) We want to test it for a few days which is why I've asked for feedback from you. Many people enter the forum through thread pages so we're seeing if its useful. I get that its a frustrating change for many of you and I'll be discussing your views with the team slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 92 of 121

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

A can assure you there will not be external ads in the space. We are trying it out to see if members find the links useful. (i.e asking a question, seeing our brilliant highlight threads or needing to find MyO2 easily) We want to test it for a few days which is why I've asked for feedback from you. Many people enter the forum through thread pages so we're seeing if its useful. I get that its a frustrating change for many of you and I'll be discussing your views with the team slight_smile

If that is the case @Toby  then why, when we are answering threads halfway down the page...we are just shown a long blank white space?

With due respect to the designers...they must have had a hell of a bad day if this is the best they could do Smiley Mad

It is NOT a change for the better. it creates problems for all... let alone those with any type of eye problems

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 93 of 121

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

With respect, all the links are on the home community page. If you must have them on everypage then stick them at the bottom. At the moment we have two search boxes and the initial one was enlarged so no one could really miss it. You could just as easily re-title that to 'ask a question'.

It seems to have been designed by people who don't use it. By all means ask for feedback but all feedback has been negative. No one, and I mean no one, likes the shambles that it has become.

I remember when they changed the forum initially and asked members to test it in beta. We spent hours of our time testing, making observations and giving constructive feedback. Only to find that most of our suggestions and feedback was totally ignored and all the thanks we got was the superuser status taken away.

I have given my constructive feedback and I don't know what more can be said. If our views are ignored this time there are a few people who will be considering their future participation. This isn't an ultimatum, it's just that it will be impossible to use with any comfort.

Message 94 of 121

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I have to agree with jonsie on this, but if it is the case that this is being imposed from above by someone who never visits then at least keep that sidebar in a collapsible frame so those of us who don't need to see it can effectively turn it off ourselves.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 95 of 121

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That would be a good compromise aldaweb slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 96 of 121

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

...but we would still have everything squashed to the left and a big white half page banner down the right side.

It would all have to be redesigned and resized. No benefit that I can see in the change.

Message 97 of 121

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My thinking was along the lines of the help side bar in Office....
With it open it compresses the left hand pane so it's visible down the right hand side. When you close it the left hand pane goes full screen again.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 98 of 121

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

...but we would still have everything squashed to the left and a big white half page banner down the right side.

It would all have to be redesigned and resized. No benefit that I can see in the change.

I was just about to say that @jonsie . They would not be prepared to alter the settings to make the screen bigger for those of us that turned the settings off..

No a revert back to how it was is the only option I would be happy with...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 99 of 121

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Yup, that was my thinking too wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 100 of 121