cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming FitBit charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

The web address of www.o2fitbitoffers.co.uk doesn't work as it redirects you to the main o2 web site. All I want to do is claim the item which I am entitled to. Anyone out there with any advice.

Message 1 of 164
163 REPLIES 163

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Lots of issues about promotions run by O2 I agree...but in this case those people posting on this thread were going round in circles as the link kept looping back to the shop.

Priority surely is to get the link fixed...and then look at system change....

(Also...the offer doesnt start till 31st March and that is probably why...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not had confirmation yet but my guess is because there is no reason for it to be active yet because even if you have pre-ordered you still cant claim...you need to have received the phone as you will the imei to claim  and the first phones (htc) will not be launched  until  the 31st.

Message 32 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
Again. When sending the phone out o2 have the IMEI so shouldn't need to have to claim.

I give up on this. O2 clearly want to make things difficult.
Message 33 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you fell so strongly about how it just feed it back to @Toby and he will forward it to the right department but for the time being let's  stick with the current promotion and how it works in reality because that is the only way to try and help getting to the bottom of it .

Message 34 of 164

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Many companies offer incentives this way unfortunately and it's not until you read the t&cs that you realise the promotion is to entice you in but you may have to redeem the offer yourself and wait up to 28 days. I agree it would be so easy for the offers to go out with the phone but hopefully the link will be active from the 1st April.

Message 35 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable
And like the Sony debacle there are only so many available.

IF this proves to be a popular offer we shall await the posts from people who ordered the phone whilst the Web still promises the offer only to find that the stock has run out.

Give it time guys give it time....... you heard it here first.
Message 36 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well if you fell so strongly about how it just feed it back to @Toby and he will forward it to the right department but for the time being let's  stick with the current promotion and how it works in reality because that is the only way to try and help getting to the bottom of it .

It isn't for me to tell o2 how to destroy their business. They are doing a good enough job of that as it is. 

I believe in GREAT customer service. This is an example of why o2 get it wrong. So very wrong. 

Message 37 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry must be missing tDrumhe point of your post then, though the idea was to improve the service.

Then I'm afraid it's on of those things.... nobody forces anybody to like or agree or even use the offer...the way the promotion is handled is up to the company and you can't please everybody. There will always be somebody that doesn't agree with it.

As for the Original post, I hope to have and answer by this afternoon

Message 38 of 164

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
As I said, and experienced first hand, there is no need to worry over the link as it will be asking for details no one has yet.
As for sending with the phone, 100% agree but and it's a big but, I think it's to do with how o2 order the promotional items off the supplier,
I believe they are treated as a rebate kind of deal to O2's purchasing department, once they have the claimed imei's (not everyone will claim) they will then mass order the fitbits in using each imei as a reference number for the promo price to them at £0.00. Supplier will then send goods on proof of order and once at o2 will be sent out.
It is a real backwards way but it's also the only way to minimise costs on buying in then applying for zero price after the fact.
Message 39 of 164

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I ever set up my own business I know who I'm gonna ask to manage my financials  ....:smileywink:

It's good to learn something new and useful  slight_smile

Message 40 of 164