cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my name on my account - is it so very difficult, 02????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else had this frustration?  I am about to upgrade (or not - might be now in the 'far too difficult' box) to change my surname on my account.  I have phoned, been promised an email (no result), tried the online chat (silence) and have scoured the website for an email address.  Do I really have to resort to pen and paper over this?  

I can't upgrade until I have changed my name - my payments come from this changed name account so they already know it.  Anyone know an email?  

Otherwise thinking of buying a new phone outright and shopping around for a good airtime deal.  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Normally if this is a name change as you are recently married etc

Send a copy of the marriage certificate  with a covering letter giving details of all the account numbers you have with O2. (For example mobile, broadband, home phone.) to:

The Correspondence Management Team

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

or via email with the scanned proofs to BusinessTOO@o2.com

or via fax with the scanned proofs to 0870 6002402.

You can print a form to send along with the proofs by going to www.o2.co.uk/namechange

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could set Up a new account if you wish but if you wish to change the name, maybe you need the other person with you when you ask to do the name change
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you have to send copies of documents to Houghton Regis?
It maybe easier to have the payments come from your new bank account and leave your O2 account with your old name?
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Normally if this is a name change as you are recently married etc

Send a copy of the marriage certificate  with a covering letter giving details of all the account numbers you have with O2. (For example mobile, broadband, home phone.) to:

The Correspondence Management Team

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

or via email with the scanned proofs to BusinessTOO@o2.com

or via fax with the scanned proofs to 0870 6002402.

You can print a form to send along with the proofs by going to www.o2.co.uk/namechange

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4