cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Your O2 Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

This is the first time I have used this facility. I am looking for some advice.

I am a loyal O2 customer. I recently upgrade and agreed to a new 24 month contract. I have 12 months to go on this current contract however my work circumstances have changed and I now require a higher 3G allowance than I currently have on my contract (I will be working on site 24/7 and need access to internet with no/very little wifi.

Is there any way it can re-negotiate the amount of 3G I get in my monthly contract.

If not, my only other options are to change tariff or spend a fortune in extra 3G every week.

Thanks in advance.

Kieran
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can increase your data tariff...you will need to ring O2 to negotiate ...or do it via My O2

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Contact numbers are at the bottom of the page but 202 for contract...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can increase your data tariff...you will need to ring O2 to negotiate ...or do it via My O2

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Contact numbers are at the bottom of the page but 202 for contract...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a general guide you can add a one off 500mb for £6 or 1gb for £10 at a time. You can also do this more than once in a month if you wish.

Alternatively please follow @Cleoriff's excellent service above re contacting o2. O2 are generally happy to upscale a contract.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 will not negotiate or alter any of the pre-set packages, so all you can do is choose to pay more for a tariff with higher data allowance.
As Cleoriff has stated, you can see what you can change to by logging in to your My O2 and clicking on Tariff and Bolt Ons, then change my tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please do note however that if you do upscale your contract you won't be able to reduce it until the end of your contract.

One other thought. Are you on a refresh tariff? If so I believe you can upgrade your airtime tariff element by calling cs on 202 free from your o2 mobile
Message 5 of 5