cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed bank details near direct debit date

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I recently changed banks a week before direct debit due to of come out, my new bank gave O2 my new bank details and set up the direct debit. I checked with the O2 app and it said zero balance a few days it was due to be taken as it was due on the 12th July. I phoned and checked with O2 and they got the right bank details, but it still not come out of my account. I went online chat and they said it was showing up the 14th july and will be taken on the 14th. The person on online chat said my payment was successfully taken.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

Are you able to check your old bank account ,or has it been closed.

If it's closed or not showing as come out of the original bank account and the Direct Debit is not showing as taken today from your new bank account ,then I would suggest you again ring O2 on 202 to ask them to re check again.

Please do not rely on Online Live Chat for account based enquiries.

They are fine for low level general enquiries.

Make sure you leave enough funds in your Bank Account just incase things have been slightly delayed due to the switch of accounts so close to the Direct Debit date.

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

Are you able to check your old bank account ,or has it been closed.

If it's closed or not showing as come out of the original bank account and the Direct Debit is not showing as taken today from your new bank account ,then I would suggest you again ring O2 on 202 to ask them to re check again.

Please do not rely on Online Live Chat for account based enquiries.

They are fine for low level general enquiries.

Make sure you leave enough funds in your Bank Account just incase things have been slightly delayed due to the switch of accounts so close to the Direct Debit date.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks bandofbrothers, il check with my bank tomorrow as I think they took payment yesterday but not shown on bank statement yet, il give O2 a ring later to double check
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

Please let us know how you get on.

slight_smile
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi bandofbrothers I just rang O2 and they said the direct debit wasn't set up in time with my new bank so had to pay manually instead. The direct debit all set up now ready for next month
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I suspected that would be the case when I saw how close the change was to your payment date...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news and at least your clear on what happened now.
Message 7 of 7