Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby my mention did not work last post strange

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@TechnicalPrince wrote:

How can you do that when it's linked to your O2 account? 

*confused* 

I was distracted and didn't realise I had only half my usual username... I'm a princess, not a prince 😞

@Toby this is the latest request paul was ages ago

Ahhh thanks Adam, I admittedly overlooked the date!

@The @mentions are a little inconsistant for me too, I'll talk to Lithium.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@TechnicalPrince wrote:

How can you do that when it's linked to your O2 account? 

*confused* 

I was distracted and didn't realise I had only half my usual username... I'm a princess, not a prince 😞

@Toby this is the latest request paul was ages ago

Ahhh thanks Adam, I admittedly overlooked the date!

@The @mentions are a little inconsistant for me too, I'll talk to Lithium.

Toby, can I suggest a once-a-year username amnesty?  Its worked on various forums ive been involved in in the past.

You nominate a charity - set up a just giving page - we send you a note of the username we want, you change it on the proviso we edit our signatures with our old username for a month or so and make a donation to charity. 

Everyone wins in this scenario - a charity gets money, people get the usernames they want, and you get only genuine, serious requests!

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Toby  Just thought I would remind you about my name change?

A year ago, I changed from PAYG to Contract and the O2 site wouldn't recognise Cleoriff as

my established user name. For a few days I posted as BugsyMalone until I PM'd you....

A day or so later you fixed it.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cleoriff-forum-name-change/m-p/420022/highlight/...

I know this was a glitch in the site so it wasn't a random request to change...but it

reminded me of the 'panic' I experienced at the time!!..Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Toby, can I suggest a once-a-year username amnesty?  Its worked on various forums ive been involved in in the past.

You nominate a charity - set up a just giving page - we send you a note of the username we want, you change it on the proviso we edit our signatures with our old username for a month or so and make a donation to charity. 

Everyone wins in this scenario - a charity gets money, people get the usernames they want, and you get only genuine, serious requests!

I really like this idea, Pablo. It's a bit labour intense but we can definitely look into it.

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really like this idea, Pablo. It's a bit labour intense but we can definitely look into it.

I get that it will be labour intense, which is why it should be a once-a-year activity with a limited time-window for submissions.  On other forums I've been involved in its been a case of a 24hr window to submit changes (obviously advertised in advance) and subject to approval by admins. 

It's then been 2-3 days before you hear back with an ok, and the name changed, then you pop off your charity donation.

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like that idea Pablo.  I would definitely be interested in changing my name as I wish I'd used something more anonymous.  I don't usually use my name on forums so I'm not sure why I did on this one!

Message 17 of 17