cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why has O2 sold my details to Carphone Warehouse who now bombard myself and my family, we have 4 contracts with calls about upgrading ? Unethical, unpleasant and unwanted. Am I alone ?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I suspect a new list Jas been sold......

You may well be right. The phone call from CPW came in via mobile. I also have a landline and had 3 calls yesterday....2 about my computer and the other regarding some all inclusive holiday I went on two years ago...yeah right....(they must have meant the all inclusive holiday to my apartment in Spain then?!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
PPI and "you've had an accident" calls have gone up too, so there is definitely a new wave of pests out there.
I had one yesterday about an accident so I went along with it and said I had. The woman asked if I was injured so I said yes. She then said she would pass me to her supervisor who would continue the call (obviously she wasn't qualified), when her supervisor came on she asked how badly I was injured, so I said "seriously". "How seriously?" she asked," "So bad, it killed me" I replied......
For some reason they hung up !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

If the accident/PPI calls are getting too much, you could register your number(s) with TPS - Telephone Preference Service.

Basically it is a log of all numbers that should NOT be getting any calls from one of the "ambulance chasing" type firms.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html

It is free, so there is nothing to lose, but generally if you mention that your number is TPS the caller hangs up pretty quick...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All my numbers are registered with TPS - It doesn't stop them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Do you mean CPW or the others?
Not sure if CPW would be included, but certainly with the others I would be taking details of company and complaining to TPS - they only need the name/number of the company and some of your details.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I mean any of them.
I've told CPW twice this week alone to remove my number and to stop calling me.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

They seem to come in waves. I haven't had any for some time, but as some here have said they're getting more recently, I'm expecting the calls to start up again. If the calls aren't originating in the UK, TPS can't do a thing about them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 18

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

has the full rgistering and reporting options once registered with the tps reporting should be done directly with the ico as per the info in my link

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 18 of 18