cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from unwated sales people

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner keeps getting calls from sales people outside of 02, they always request to speak to me as i hold the account for both of our pay monthly contracts.

I often ask how they got my personal info and im told they get it from a large database where phone network companies store data.

Someone at 02 must be selling our data because its very strange that random people call her number but ask to speak with me knowing my full name.

Anyone else have this recently ? Im sick of it ..... Ive been with 02 for years and it seams to be getting more and more each year.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can turn this off by your myo2 or speak to O2 on 202 and they'll stip calls from trusted partners and if you have blocking facilities in your phone add any visible number to it.

You could check in your Myo2 to see what your preferences, list of options on the left, choose My Choices or write to O2 to remove yourself from this type of cold call again.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

From O2's T&C.

21.4 You also agree to the information described in paragraph 21.3 being used, analysed and assessed by us and the other parties identified in paragraph 21.3 and selected third parties for marketing purposes including amongst other things to identify and offer you by phone, post, the Network, your Mobile Phone, email, text (SMS), media messaging, automated dialling equipment or other means, any further products, services and offers which we think might interest you. If you don’t want your details to be used for marketing purposes, please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website.

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can turn this off by your myo2 or speak to O2 on 202 and they'll stip calls from trusted partners and if you have blocking facilities in your phone add any visible number to it.

You could check in your Myo2 to see what your preferences, list of options on the left, choose My Choices or write to O2 to remove yourself from this type of cold call again.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

From O2's T&C.

21.4 You also agree to the information described in paragraph 21.3 being used, analysed and assessed by us and the other parties identified in paragraph 21.3 and selected third parties for marketing purposes including amongst other things to identify and offer you by phone, post, the Network, your Mobile Phone, email, text (SMS), media messaging, automated dialling equipment or other means, any further products, services and offers which we think might interest you. If you don’t want your details to be used for marketing purposes, please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website.

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's all too common these days unfortunately and once these companies have your details they seem available to all sorts of sales people. Bar changing your number there is little you can but make sure you update marketing preferences in My O2.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The option used to be in My O2 under "My Choices" but appears to have been removed now.
Probably best to call CS on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes theres no options on my account, and i once set it too not recieve marketing calls so if this option has been removed from my account online, could this mean its been editied so that i now get these calls ???

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It shouldn't have been changed but it may pay you to call or write in to check.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless some glitch has happened I would doubt an agent has changed your preferences.

As I say ring them or write in and they'll sort this out for you and if you have the facility add their number if it was visible to any call blocking facility in the phone.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 8