cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking news!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

now this is very very interesting!!! 

With Vodafone pulling out of P4U in Feb 2015 yet again, this leaves P4U with only one network and that is EE after o2 and Three parted ways, so what does this mean for the giant High Street Indipendant that we all know and love for the Scary Mary advert and the ridiculas cashback deals and freebies that they used to throw at us for going to them rather then CPW??

BT are looking at geting their highstreet presence back with the merge of EE and BT will thejy still trade as P4U with the buy out?? will they closedown and lose a number of stores?? who knows what the future will hold for the giants, howver full story in link below

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news-list/news/industry/30618/bt-tipped-to-make-phones-4u-purchase.aspx

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've known the reps standing at the doorway and if you show even the remotest interest you're practically pounced upon. 😞
Message 21 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If I want help I will ask for it. If I want to browse I expect to be left alone until I want assistance.

Its a pet hate of mine in any shop selling anything. Pushy sales staff are a lot different from helpful staff.

I suppose its a skill that they need to learn.They won't be allowed that luxury however if 'sales targets' need to be met..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If I want help I will ask for it. If I want to browse I expect to be left alone until I want assistance.

Its a pet hate of mine in any shop selling anything. Pushy sales staff are a lot different from helpful staff.

I suppose its a skill that they need to learn.They won't be allowed that luxury however if 'sales targets' need to be met..:smileysad:

Totally agree:smileywink:

Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
A while ago I was in one looking at phones.

After being approached I did ask about a particular phone on Sim Free ,and the reply was do you have the money to buy that at full price, as we do offer those on contract.

My reply was Yes I do have the disposable income ,but I won't be purchasing here, and made my exit.
Message 24 of 30

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I had a job interview once at p4u
Didn't get it.
I thought HSPDA meant high speed packet data access.
Apparently I was wrong.
You ready.....
High speed personal data allocation.
"when that is shown, it means you are using your allocated data included in the contract"
This off the 17yr old?? manager who was interviewing me.

I do wonder sometimes Crazy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 30

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I had a job interview once at p4u
Didn't get it.
I thought HSPDA meant high speed packet data access.
Apparently I was wrong.
You ready.....

High speed personal data allocation.
"when that is shown, it means you are using your allocated data included in the contract"
This off the 17yr old?? manager who was interviewing me.

Unbelievable Jaw-dropping

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 26 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I guess that answers the question the OP posed "what does this mean for the chain?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29202179
Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Two threads already started here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Phones-4-U-query/m-p/747847
and here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Phones-4U-collapses-into-administration/m-p/747859
It makes more sense to keep everything related together.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 30

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

MI5's right on this, feel free to head over to one of these threads to talk about anything related slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 29 of 30

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

To lose out on a job because of some eroneous answer is bad enough but to a 17-year old is humilating. That's like the girl in Vodafone who told me that 3G was faster than HSDPA and HSPA+; which is wrong because they all use the 3G spectrum.

P4U - I always found them pushy, arrogant and patronising; actually I think it's in the training to take advantage of peoples' naivety. On occasion I acted dumb to see how far they would take it. Granted selling telephone contracts must be a difficult job as often it's a big commitment financially.

There will be less competition now and no Tom Baker voice over adverts; such a shame.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 30 of 30