cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry & Android

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am liking the fact that next year when the new Blackberry "Valentine" (roumerd name for the handset) will be operated by android.. I for one will be very very interested when this comes to release as this could blast balckberry back into the market like a whirl wind!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Blackberry at the moment are in steep decline with a very few hardcore loyalty base. They certainly need something as every new model released in the last few years has bombed. It would be good to have another viable option for android but the brand isn't what it was 15 years or so ago.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

they are being kept afloat right now by business users due to companies still resiliant on BES!

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You Exactly. ...a limited loyalty user base. They need to come up with something special. I doubt they will tbh.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got myself a new Blackberry on Orange

FB_IMG_1438431845715.jpg

Message 5 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's really a shame because blackberrys have great security,
Problem is, a few years ago all the teens had them to BBM each other and it was the "in" brand, then parents started giving their kids their old iphones when they upgraded and other kids had to copy them to stay popular.
This left business users as the sole users of blackberry.
BB really need to reinvent themselves in this age, or face a further steady decline.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blackberry will never be as popular as it used to be. It will just fade into obscurity  & be remembered for introducing teens to bbm 

Message 7 of 7