cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement

Anonymous
Not applicable

As there is no way to contact O2 without having to phone them (and I'm not doing that again in a hurry!), I am using this to suggest an improvement that is much needed.

Simply they need a dedicated number that all O2 users can easily access without having to serach through forums or enter 'searches' to report a death. I had a horrendous expeience going through 'customer services'. It was so bad, and I won't go into it here, that I would seriously consider going to another mobile provider as a result. And this is not a hysterical reaction because I am bereaved. 

However, when I got through to the bereavement team itself, I could not have faulted their sensitive, helpful and understanding attitude and knowlege. Brilliant! And it wasn't the bland, scripted, "I'm sorry about your loss" I have heard so often in the past few days either - it was genuine.

Come on O2, other organisation can do this: no waiting, no music, no menus, just straight through to who you need to speak to. It means a lot at times like this.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Thanks for posting @Anonymous. Bereavement is a sad and distressing time for all those involved and I would wholeheartedly support your suggestion of a dedicated number to call. I will mention our

Head of Community @Toby in the hope he will speak to someone in customer services to see what can be done. Thank you for the suggestion. I am genuinely sorry for your loss ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As you have ultimately found out, there is a dedicated team to handle these situations.
Quite why it took CS so long to put you through is beyond me.
I guess it's just another example of poor service that we see far too often these days.
Sorry you were messed around.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community. Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear of this difficult time you're going though, as well as that you had a little difficulty in getting to the right team to talk about this with us. If you need further help too, send me a PM any time.

I shall share your thoughts with the team and see if there is anything we can work on to improve things in future.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'd just like to add my support for this idea, I'm guessing at a time when your head is already all over the place, the last thing you'd want to do is navigate the often frustrating menus and cs agents who are unaware of the protocol for these circumstances.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Sadly I have had to ring the bereavement line twice and the waiting time was  horrendous on both occasions. 

OK, not many people thankfully have to call but searching for the number only adds to the distress. 

Message 6 of 6