cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being threatened by O2 for account I can't access and O2 won't fix

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping someone can help me on here with an issue thats been going on since May 2016. Bascially I took out a new contract with O2 (I'm an existing O2 customer) and in switching my number to the new contract O2 got it totally wrong and I lost my number and the new contract!!! I now have my number back, but no contract....except I am being billed for a new contract that I cannot access, cannot use and have never actually had. I am still on my old SIM only deal which I continue to pay as I always have.

I have now spent over 8 hours on phone calls and god knows how long on noting all interactions and doing thinsg like this to try and sort. Nobody was able to sort this problem. Work needed doing to rebuild a contract so I was told to be patient. On more than 6 occasions I was promised a call back and never got a single one. I kept calling as I kept getting billed for an account I didnt have. I got billed over £500 on one for the whole contract. Everytime I called I would have to go through everything again, no one could ever understand how it had happened, everyone always knew how to sort it (about 3 different approaches suggested), everyone promised to sort, nobody ever did. At least though they would credit the account and put it on hold so I wouldn't be chased and it won't happen again. It happened again everytime on the next bill date!!!

By August I had had enough and took things to the Complaints Review Service. They upheld my complaint, but needed to speak to me inorder to put right. I also needed to be in the country, something I was not at that time!!! We could do when I was back they said. Fine, I asked if they could credit the account my monthly fee I'd been charged again and please hold the account until we can sort so this doesn't keep happening. They said they could do neither. Eventually they said they would hold the account which I thought might stop any more bills or demands for arrears. It did neither. I now owe £87.50 (but don't know how as that doesn't even come to 3 months rental, I must have been using this account I have no access to or way of using?!?!?!

I have been trying to speak to my contact in CRS since the start of September. The number he gave me is never answered and simply disconnects after 6.30mins. Mr Parr (the CRS Agent) has not given me a new number, but we have arranged on email for him to call me...5 times now. Mr Parr has failed to phone me once!!!! Mr Parr then doesn't get in touch with me and leaves it to me to email him to ask why he didn't call me (never actually get a solid reason, and often no apology). We arrange another time for a call and he doesn't call again.

I have now been disconnected, my credit score threatened and details apparently with a debt collection agency. They sent me a letter dated 28th September which I received on 1st October giving me 5 days to pay £28 owed (the bill Mr Parr wouldn't credit or hold). They had apparently "tried to call and text me several times", but no email, just texts or calls to a number on an account I cannot access or use until O2 do something. I immediately phoned the numbers on the letter and spent 1hr 10mins on hold with a confused Customer Services person. I was on hold while he tried to speak to billing, accounts and finance I think, and the answer was there was nothing they could do as the account was with CRS!!!

I immediately tried to get a call with CRS and Mr Parr. he was meant to phone me at 10.30 this morning and if he can't reach me at 1pm. You guessed it, he hasn't called.

There is still more to this story of woe, but I have gone on long enough.

Please does someone anyone know what on earth I am meant to do. I have tried to get a reaction from Facebook and Twitter, but nothing of any use. Anyone got the MDs email??

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

just done @Martin-O2. Thank you very much for helping.

Message 21 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous Click on the last link in @Martin-O2 signature (where it says 'drop me a private message') that will take you to the correct PM box...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest update. Called ombudsman and it would appear that O2 have just added the wrong account number to their request to hold letter. So another 90 minutes on phone to complaints people. Somone new though as the guy from yesterday, who is the only person I am now allowed to speak to apparently, is off. With a bit of extra knowledge on my part and a bit more open minded approach from this chap we have found out that a Jodie in the executive team received the hold request from the ombudsman and then agreed to it and forwarded it to the department to action with the wrong account number. So none of this nonsence from 7th September needed to happen, but becuase someone at O2 messed up again I have had to suffer the threats, bullying and the waste of my time trying to sort!!! Couldn't make it up.

In terms of what happens now, of course they can't just accept the error and apply to right account...oh no. I have had to get the ombudsman to send a new request and rely on this new chap in complaints contacting the right person in the right team, to make sure they consider the hold request for teh correct account. Oh yes, even though the request was granted last time, no guarantee it will be this time.

Absolute joke, with some expletives thrown in!!!!!

Message 23 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Absolutely damn outrageous @Anonymous. Appalling customer service by O2...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous did this eventually get sorted out? What a booming saga eh?
Message 26 of 26